“Nice hotel, slightly dated.”

Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed here one night. The staff wasn't very friendly. We were never told that parking was a fee, $27 for the night. Not a big deal but they should have mentioned this. The room was nice but the nightstand light didn't have a bulb. I think the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The pillows were perfect for me I wish I stole them for home. The wedding was very nice and well run and the food was great. Overall the resort has lots to offer and is very nice in an old school FL. I think it could use a refresher, some paint, new rugs etc.

• Stayed: February 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights for a family wedding. My wife and I stayed in the main building near the lobby - on the 4th floor overlooking the driveway. The room was good, but not excellent. My feeling is that the hotel (at least the main part, as we did not stay in the tower or the beach club area) was the best of the best many years ago, but not today. The main rooms need renovation. Overall, the room was comfortable, but the room could have been in any Hilton property and I would not have known the difference.

The grounds, lobby area, bar area, and the ballrooms around the bar (near The Yacht Club) were fantastic. Clearly they have done a lot to keep those areas up to date and on par with what you expect at The Waldorf Astoria collection of hotels.

The front desk staff was decently friendly (we did get an excellent recommendation for JB's On The Beach for lunch one day), but a bit shy of what I would call outstanding customer service (if you have ever stayed at the Ritz Carlton, you know what I mean). I have the impression that many of the staff are students or very early in their hotel careers.

I'd consider the hotel again next time I travel to Boca Raton, but would probably also look elsewhere. Overall we had a great weekend celebrating a family wedding.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank JBizzle76
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Reading the reviews confuses me. I stayed here several times. I last stayed in the Cloisters (low price room) and my room was newly furnished and quite lovely. No, I did not have a great view, but seeing the garden was fine for me. The bellman do not expect tips since that is included in the service fee. In fact, when I attempted to tip I was told it was not necessary by my bellman.
I think when people are staying in an expensive, well-known resort sometimes their expectations are unrealistic. Nothing (IMHO) is perfect. Staff people are people and some are better than others. Some rooms get made up earlier than others. NOt every meal is perfect. Yes, we expect much, we deserve much, but let us be realistic.
FYI..my family is going there in April.

Room Tip: Depends on what you are willing to pay, but all of our rooms have been fine.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
BocaGuestRelations, General Manager at Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2012

Thank you for posting a review of the Boca Raton Resort & Club, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back in April.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

We stayed two nights in the Bungalows at the Boca Raton Resort.

Check-in. It was quick and the counter staff was pleasant on a late Thursday afternoon. They explained where our accommodations were on the property, the use of the shuttle buses, the use of our resort card, and gave a quick rundown of the amenities on the property.

When we arrived to the Bungalows, there was no bellmen around to assist us at first, but we waited around five minutes. The lone bellman, Ralf, who returned to the main Bungalows entrance was apologetic-but-very-pleasant. We assumed this man was quite busy with other arrivals and provided attentive service to them as he did with us. There was another guest at the Bungalows who arrived at the same time as us, but they were rude and condescending to the bellman. We gladly had Ralf take our bags to our suite first -- having a bad attitude shouldn't be rewarded. I tried to tip him, but he was quick to mention that the resort fees cover gratuities and tips, so it was not needed.

Our room: Our bungalow was a very large one-bedroom suite -- equipped with a full kitchen with stainless steel appliances, living room, dining area, bedroom, large storage room/closet and a walk-out balcony with french doors. Ralf the bellman explained that the suite was renovated two years ago and it showed. The entire suite was bright and airy with a wall of windows, ivory tiled floors and a neutral design palette. The one bathroom, located off the bedroom, was clean and had a spa-like feeling with a separate bathtub and walk-in-shower. The only negative on the suite was the connecting door with the the next room. It was just the one door in which we could hear clearly the guest when he spoke at a regular tone.

The property: The property on which the resort sits is beautiful. There are tennis courts, a croquet lawn and a golf course just to name a few of the amenities. The Bungalows, while a distance from the main buildings, had its own pool area which was nice and quiet. I fail to understand other reviewers complaints about how far the Bungalows are from everything else. There is a shuttle service that runs frequently (approximately 5-10 minutes) throughout the day to both the main buildings and the beach club. The drivers were pleasant, even with guests who felt they were privileged.

The beach club: It is about a 5-7 minute drive from the resort by shuttle. There are swimming pools, changing rooms, and restaurants (both in the club and on the beach). While there was plenty of sun for everyone, we found the private beach to be absolutely packed with chairs -- row upon row of chairs. Also, many people who bought and ate food at their chairs often waited for staff to take their trays away, so there were plenty of seagulls.

The prices: Yes, it's expensive. Everything from room service to the buffet breakfast to a simple coffee at Serendipity 3 was over-priced. That's to be expected at an American resort.

The staff: We don't understand other reviewers negative comments about the staff. We found that staff smiled at you and wished you a good day if you simply had a good attitude and smiled at them! If you are pleasant and calm with staff, you will be treated much better. The bellmen, the cleaning staff and the property maintenance staff were all very nice! In our two days at the Boca Raton Resort, we saw too many impatient, unpleasant and negative guests who demanded everything five minutes ago.

Overall: We enjoyed our stay at the Boca Raton Resort. The stay will be pleasant if you are pleasant. Yes, it is expensive and we were fortunate enough to stay here for business purposes, but I would recommend this resort to others who want to splurge.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank uluit

Thank for taking the time to post a comphrehensive review of the Boca Raton Resort and Club. I appreciate your kind remarks about the staff which, I will be sure to share with them. They will be glad to know that you were happy with the service they provided. But most important, I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed here for business and was assigned to a Bungalow room instead of the main resort building. The smell of cigarette smoke in the room was overwhelming and the resort was fully occupied so I was not allowed to relocate. The Boca Beach Club next door is a MUCH better hotel and worth the extra cost. Both are Hilton properties, but Beach Club is new and offers superior accomodations with ocean views in a better location. You get what you pay for...

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am disappointed that your visit with us was not as pleasant as we all would have liked. We are appreciative of the feedback that highlights opportunities for us to improve. Please know that I will address your concerns about the housekeeping department with my team to ensure that the smell of cigarette smoke is addressed immediately. Thank you again for taking time to share your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boca Raton
2.9 km away
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach

Been to Boca Raton Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK