“Unforgettable Getaway”

Keys Boat Tours
Ranked #1 of 21 Tours in Big Pine Key
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Recreational boating in the FL Keys. Private charter eco & snorkel tours. Motor to the backcountry, paddleboard, kayak, snorkel, fish and eco. It is an option for the whole family–everyone can equally enjoy. We keep it comfortable & avoid choppy waters. On calm days, we go out to the only living reef in the US, Looe Key, for a lifetime experience. Captain Brian is very knowledgeable about marine life, local waters and navigation. We offer hands-on boating & fishing lessons too. We also offer kayak and stand-up paddleboard rentals from shore (2hour, half day, full day and weekly options).
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My fiance and I booked a last minute trip to the Florida keys in mid-March. We found a neat little spot to crash in Little Torch Key for 4-nights. The intent of the vacation was to relax (yet we are both very active people) and most importantly, fish. My fiance is a big waterman.

The first morning, he was fishing off the dock and struck up a conversation with the owner of Key Boat Tours who was preparing for a mid-day paddle trip with another family. Brian educated us on the variety of tours he offers. We were sold immediately; not only by activities but his awesome personality and knowledge of the Keys. He's a super down to earth guy and we were eager to go out, explore & spend time with him.

We went out the next morning on one of his boats to snorkel Looe Key
It was UNREAL! The fish & reefs which we saw were breathtaking. Brian took us to the right spot and we were so glad we committed. On the way back, he satisfied my fiance's fishing fix and we caught a few snapper, while sharing some great conversations.

At the conclusion of the snorkel & fish trip, we booked another tour for the morning of our last day in Little Torch Key to paddle board. This was an A++ experience! The islands and groves Brian took us through were unreal. Got some great photos too.

Overall, it was an forgettable trip, which I attribute much to Keys Boat Tours. I highly recommend connecting with Brian, whether you are single, with a significant other or as a group (family/friends, etc.) in the area and looking to see the beauty of the Keys beyond what's on land. He's boats are beautiful, has all the right gear, makes you feel comfortable/relaxed. He'll take great care of you and you won't regret it!

Brian B, Owner at Keys Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks for your great review! I am so glad to help make your Keys get-away special. I am lucky to do what I do, and to feel among friends with most every tour. I am glad you felt that. It is very beautiful here. Meeting new people and mixing up tours never gets old for me.You were a pleasure to spend time with and super generous tip wise - very appreciated. Mostly, I appreciate your kind words and finding the time to make such a beautiful statement. All the best you guys.
thanks again!

All reviews
"captain brian"
in 87 reviews
"paddle boarding"
in 27 reviews
"snorkeling trip was great"
"white pelicans"
"amazing tour"
"hour tour"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were referred to Brian and Keys Boat Tours through the resort we were staying at. It was a fun mixture of stopping at a location to catch some bait fish, snorkeling and a little bit of fishing.

He was very informative and patient with my 11 and 14 year boys.

The top two highlights:
spotting several schools of spotted eagle rays we saw while trying to catch some bait fish.
The big grouper that hung out beneath the boat while we were snorkeling.
Brian let my boys drive the boat to and from the snorkel location.

He definitely helped create some memories I'm sure we will be talking about for a long time!

It was a pleasure to meet you and your two beautiful boys - both super smart and great people. For Coloradans, you are all super comfortable in the water. I had a genuine enjoyable outing with you and yours. It is always special to see a spotted eagle ray. I am glad that you mention several highlights. It is always a goal of mine to - deliver the goods. Thanks very much for taking the time to review. It helps and is very appreciated.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great time with Captain Brian snorkeling at Looe Key. He is patient, knowledgeable about the area and caters your visit to your needs and expectations. Great with our 11 and 13 yo boys. Took pictures for us to memorialize the trip. We are so glad to have met him!

Thank you for your very kind review. Every great once in a while Looe Key gets 100' visibility in the Spring months. What we experienced was crystal clear and irridescent Summer like conditions - magical. It makes a charter captain's day. As I like to say, a fish on the hook gets the captain off the hook. The reef did the same for me that day - a sort of gift. The storm in the distance and water spout on our return was season changing. It was great to spend time with your beautiful family. I am very glad to have made a positive impression on you. Thanks again, and thank you for your generosity too! I hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After multiple cancellations by another tour operator, we had run out of days to see the Keys by water and do some snorkeling. As a Hail Mary, I did a quick google on my phone, found Captain Brian and called him to explain our plight. He was professional, honest, and his knowledge of the water opened up a whole new realm of possibilities. As soon as we could we mobilized the group and headed to his boat. I was especially impressed that he had managed to quickly take the boat out on the water to scout out what would work best for our group. I was grateful that the other tour had been cancelled 3 days in a row or we would not have had the opportunity to meet Captain Brian and have such a fabulous experience on the water. For me what sets him apart from other boat tours I have had is his flexibility and knowledge of the area. He catered the boat trip to exactly what we wanted...a little snorkeling mixed with the beautiful aqua water, and history of the area. What made the trip especially enjoyable was Captain Brian genuinely seemed to love what he was doing and it felt like he was joining us on an exploration. Due to the personal nature of the trip, I also truly appreciated that he joined us snorkeling and would point out underwater life to us. I cannot say enough positive comments about our adventure. Captain Brian is a gem and for me was the highlight of our trip. Any boating experience is strongly impacted by the Captain. I would not consider going boating with anybody other than Captain Brian on the Keys.

Brian B, Owner at Keys Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I too enjoyed the day with you and yours. It takes a while to get to know places where people might enjoy, and where we can all escape the wind - if necessary. Sometimes I get lucky and find a place I've never been - and strike gold. Such was the case with your trip. Time truly flies on the water and I rarely do the same trip twice. I may return to the same place on occasion but I always make sure to mix it up. It is so important for me to enjoy my time with visitors, and equally important that my passengers feel that we are extended family of sorts. It is always a goal of mine to make the effort a highlight in some way. I am so glad to hear that you had such an experience. Thanks very much for the kind review. It means a lot.