“Consistently Excellent”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 January 2017

We go here a couple times a month, especially for the all you can eat Dungeness Crabs which my wife loves. I love their soups, especially the snapper, and the wide variety of fresh fish I can have prepared to my liking. We have never had a bad experience.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

Four of us had dinner; we called ahead for 7:15 but waited until 7:30 for a table.This was understandable since it was lobster special night - $19.99 for a whole lobster. It was busy but our waitress was competent and friendly. Everyone enjoyed the appetizers and their meal but I was the only one who could taste something off in the crab meat. I detected it in the crab stuffed mushrooms and the beautiful crab chunks on top of my delicious scallops. In the last few years I have become sensitive to preservatives in crab and this seemed to be what I tasted. The scallops were tasty; it was something about the crab. I did not become ill and my dining companions did not notice anything. As it was December I would expect the seafood to be preserved....... Also, the shrimp Lejon did not have much horseradish at all. Hence my 4 stars, I took one off for me!

1  Thank RCDelaware
Reviewed 30 December 2016

Have been a regular visitor for 8-10 years. Parents at one point were living in area and one of my daughters lives in area for last 6+ years. The place is comfortable casual. Not lot of ambiance, main room downstairs bright, nice solid wooden chairs..can be bit crowded at rush times and maybe a little loud. Upstairs DR larger and less décor but fine, you do have to go up good flight of steps to dine there.

This is the place for fresh seafood. Have excellent retail seafood market attached. Small bar that seems to always be crowded friendly regulars, but have never been there when bar wasn't packed. The restaurant tends to have an early crowd so bit quieter if dinning after 7pm.

Easily 8-10 fresh fish ever night and menu shows where fish sourced from. The wait staff tends to be young but they know their jobs and the menu, if ever not sure of something they happily check with the kitchen for you.

On our last visit we were suppose to be party of 4 adults and toddler. Yes kids are fine here. Unfortunately one of our group was sick so my wife and I dined alone.

We each has soup to start, Maryland Crab & N Eng Clam Chowder. My wife had the chowder, good taste bit thick for me but she loved it. The Md crab has some kick but was excellent, not ton of crabmeat but excellent flavor. The only serve bowls, so good amount of soup we didn't finish to save room. Next we shared a mixed seafood app. Two of the following: oyster rock, shrimp le jon, clam casino and crab stuffed mushrooms. All were Excellent..! For dinner my wife had an arugula/tomato salad with a balsamic dressing...topped with a "slab" of grilled rockfish. The rockfish was thick...perfectly cooked and fantastic. I had a app order of shrimp le jon, all very good..albeit slightly over cooked.

One list is not large but easy to find something to accompany your seafood. We had s Silverado Chard for $ 38. My wife had a specialty martini before and after dinner..the before was called " The French" strong w/soli and charmbord and something else, after dinner had a very good Chocolate Martini. The whole meal including two drinks, wine etc was $ 117. A very good value.

A favorite for us in greater Wilmington, not fancy but wow the food!

1  Thank M C
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

Stopped in here to grab a quick bite before an event. Had a burger and crab cake sandwich, both were delicious. Always love a good burger!! Fries were good too, and the Cole slaw.

Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

Had all you can eat dungeness crabs and they were cooked to order. Very fresh seafood. It came with 2 sides which I picked twice baked potato and coleslaw. Service was good as always! The waitress kept the crabs coming.will go back again