“good interesting food, terrible TERRIBLE SERVICE, OUT OF BUSINESS”
Review of Juliana's Kitchen - CLOSED

Juliana's Kitchen
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2016

it is my understanding this place is out of business, CLOSED for good, sad because the food was good, but tough to enjoy because you might have to wait an hour to get anything to eat, waitstaff was always rude

Reviewed 1 June 2016

I visited with a large party for lunch. We called and made a reservation and then confirmed the reservation the day before. So we were definitely disappointed when we showed up and they had no idea who we were and why we were there. Parking is terrible and the location is odd (it's one side of a duplex house).

I don't want to harp on the service as it was poor, and I will say that for a lunch - which most people get an hour - took us an hour and 45 minutes. It was terrible and there were no apologizes and definitely no sense of urgency. (we were the ONLY people in the restaurant)

I would like to focus on the food. Normally the service would keep me from visiting ever again; however, the food was absolutely amazing. It was some of the most flavorful, delicious, fresh and wonderful I have had in a long time. There were so many options to choose from (don't let the menu worry you...it's written simply but the food is not). There is plenty of food and the presentation is tasteful.

They don't have much in the line of drinks - it's BYOP and soda comes in a bottle. they do have some fruit juices and mixed fruit juice drinks.

Because of the food, I will give this place one more shot. If the service is as bad the 2nd time, I would never return.

Reviewed 26 May 2016

Came for dinner on weeknight. Had potatoes with cream sauce, lomo soltado, chicken with onions, pork stew. All were excellent as well as authentic homemade chicha morada purple corn drink. Had tres leches for dessert. Excellent food, wonderful service, and authentic great food!! I recommend trying, even if you have not had Peruvian food before. Very clean restaurant, nice owners.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

Having just got back from Peru less than a month ago we had a desire to see if we could find any authentic Peruvian food in the area. So glad we went, everything was delicious. Juliana made us a sampler platter for an appetizer and so we got to try so many delicious foods. Everything was delicious and you can see the care put into every dish.

Our meal was completely disrupted by an incredibly ignorant patron who sat alone next to us and who was on her cell phone YELLING the ENTIRE meal, but as long as she isn't there on our next trip, it will be perfect!

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

We're staying by Riverfront but didn't want the chain type tourist places so opted for this local choice and so pleased.

Shared the ceviche app which we never had Peruvian kind and it had a good spivey kick which was different. So fresh and absolutely delicious with large chunks of fish.

Shared the Chuletas, Bistec, Chicharrones de pollo and Arroz de Maricos. We had a ton of food for 3 adults and 2 kids but managed to polish it all off.

Unfortunately we didn't have enough room for dessert but would have loved to try the rice pudding.

Bistec is the only thing that was just ok but all else was so excellent.