“As close to Peru as you can get in Delaware”
Review of Juliana's Kitchen - CLOSED

Juliana's Kitchen
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2016

Having just got back from Peru less than a month ago we had a desire to see if we could find any authentic Peruvian food in the area. So glad we went, everything was delicious. Juliana made us a sampler platter for an appetizer and so we got to try so many delicious foods. Everything was delicious and you can see the care put into every dish.

Our meal was completely disrupted by an incredibly ignorant patron who sat alone next to us and who was on her cell phone YELLING the ENTIRE meal, but as long as she isn't there on our next trip, it will be perfect!

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

We're staying by Riverfront but didn't want the chain type tourist places so opted for this local choice and so pleased.

Shared the ceviche app which we never had Peruvian kind and it had a good spivey kick which was different. So fresh and absolutely delicious with large chunks of fish.

Shared the Chuletas, Bistec, Chicharrones de pollo and Arroz de Maricos. We had a ton of food for 3 adults and 2 kids but managed to polish it all off.

Unfortunately we didn't have enough room for dessert but would have loved to try the rice pudding.

Bistec is the only thing that was just ok but all else was so excellent.

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

I would highly recommend Juliana's as the food was amazing! I had the Bistec Apanado Con Tacutacu and it was incredible. My girlfriend had Picante De Mariscos and also very good. The ceviche appetizer was spicy and fresh. To top it off the Tres Leches was the best I ever had.

Reviewed 3 April 2016

We were in Wilmington for a weekend staying at the Hotel DuPont. Doing what I usually do and reading through top restaurants on tripadvisor, Yelp, opentable, etc...came across this one. I called a week in advance and they only had a 6pm time open for 2 people...good sign to me that it must be busy/popular. We arrived and were greeted by Edwin and the pride in his business, food, wife, etc was very evident. He explained the dishes very well as I was torn between all the chicken dishes myself. I had the chicken with cilantro rice and it was FABULOUS! My husband had the steak dish...can't remember the name of it...last one under the steaks and Edwin said was Juliana's favorite. It was delicious as well. Juliana came out from the kitchen and chatted for a couple minutes...very sweet. Both Edwin and Juliana made us feel welcome and special. The food was great, the service was great and the we loved the cozy atmosphere. If we make it back to Wilmington we will definitely go back to Julianas.

Reviewed 25 February 2016

This is a little gem in Wilmington! It's a small restaurant, only about half a dozen tables, located on the first floor of an old row home. It's nicely decorated with Peruvian items. The host/server/husband of the chef was kind enough to explain pretty much every item on the menu to my party which was great since some items that I would have assumed would be served warm, were actually cold items. The food was wonderful! Everything was beautifully presented and tasted amazing. I would recommend the chicha morada, a sweet beverage made from purple corn and pineapple juice with flavoring of cinnamon and other spices. It sounds weird but is super refreshing.

The only downside is that there is limited parking. When we went was shortly after a large snow fall and a lot of the street parking was still covered with piles of snow. Probably wouldn't be too bad on a regular day!