“Great Peruvian food!”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 December 2015

I visited this restaurant over Thanksgiving weekend because of a recommendation from some coworkers. I actually live close by and had never ventured in.

This restaurant is in what would be the living room of a townhouse so to say it is not expansive would be an understatement. What it lacks in size it makes up for in warmth! The owner greets, seats and waits on you and recommends items from the menu. His wife is the cook.

It was empty when we arrived but quickly filled up with other patrons who I think were repeat customers.

We tried the typical drink "chicha morada" (non-alcoholic) and my kids who are picky liked it. I had to ask for a taste because the combo sounded odd to me: purple corn, pineapple, cinnamon..,but it tasted sort of like cider and was welcome on a breezy afternoon.

We all enjoyed our meals and the prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 6 December 2015

Our party of 6 arrived on time, bright and cheerful, for our reservation here that I personally made weeks ago and personally confirmed. The restaurant is a tiny row home with no atmosphere, claustrophobic tiny, and the entrance way is a 2 door vestibule set up. Our greeting from the owner was his snapping at us to close the second door. Evidently he was unable to realize that some of our party of 6 was still in the vestibule with literally nowhere to go into this tiny room. I'm looking around as this is happening and noting that there isn't a table for 6 or even 2 tables near each other. Next, he laid into us because we brought wine and even though this restaurant comes up as a byob everywhere, he says it is not anymore. He added that he didn't have a large selection, but that he had a few wine selections that we could choose from. That is not good news for wine lovers! At that point, he rudely noted that we should not expect the prices that are on line either. You tell me why they don't have their own website or why this necessary information isn't on their Facebook page. I spoke to him twice making and checking reservations; this information should have been shared at that time. I cannot say what caused the beligerant attitude in this man but I can say that no one should be subjected to this type of behavior. When he said that he would try to find a way to seat us after we took our wine out to the car, I apologized to my friends for selecting this restaurant and asked if they would like to leave to go elsewhere. We had a unanimous and immediate yes vote. It took us a little time to find a place able to seat 6 in prime time Saturday night but we did. We had a fantastic meal and our usual fabulous time together!

4  Thank Theshortchef
Reviewed 10 November 2015

The food was so flavorful, and the plating was beautiful. The atmosphere was very cozy and intimate! Just perfect all around the board!

Reviewed 29 October 2015 via mobile

I saw some comments saying they are slow. Not at all!!! And the food is delicious. You want Peruvian food. You get it! (Someone said it is far to that, I went with s Peruvian and he really like it so...). Juliana cooks very well. Just one world: go!!!

1  Thank blondema36
Reviewed 26 October 2015

This small gem is consistantly good. A varied menu of South American dishes is a unique delight. Juliana cooks and her husband greets. Atmosphere is rustic and service is prompt and friendly. Parking can be a bit of a problem.