“Intimate Concert Venue”

World Cafe Live at the Queen
Ranked #17 of 58 things to do in Wilmington
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We always enjoy an opportunity to catch a show at the Queen. It’s a cool space, both upstairs and downstairs. The staff is pleasant and they have some well known groups on the schedule.

We prefer the standing set up on the main level and prefer the balcony if it’s a show more conducive to sitting.

Miss the option for food-sometimes you just want some bar grub while you wait for the next act.

Date of experience: August 2018
"stage"
in 6 reviews
"acts"

Reviewed 31 July 2018

My husband and I went to see Corrosion of Conformity and Black Label Society here and this was our first time. This place was wonderful. From the parking garage attendant across the street to every single employee that we came in contact with. They are the friendliest bunch of people who seem to really enjoy their jobs! Terrific place for concerts and we will definitely return!!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 23 May 2018

I'm so glad The Queen has decided to add Metal / Hardcore shows to its line up, its great to be able to see an act locally and not have to drive into Philly. The venue itself is very nice with lots of space, good merchandising areas, decent food and a great bar. The sound quality was good and the view of the stage was incredible. I really love the glass railing on the top floor where the handicapped seating area is, it lets you see everything even when you're seated. The waitress was really nice and we got our food and beverages quickly. The food was better then I expected for a concert venue, we really liked the Korean inspired Quesadilla and the stuffed nachos were tasty too. I love that they give free cups of ice water instead of automatically charging you for bottled water.

Their accommodations for Disabled Guests is top notch, I called about a week or two before the show and left a message with my name for the list. When I got there with my companion we were given VIP status and escorted up to the top floor area where they had a few tables you could stand to eat at, and a decent number of first-come first-served seats. There was a bar and bathrooms on that floor that were easy to get to, plus waitress service as well. We could see and hear everything and were very comfortable.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 8 April 2018

My husband and I took our 2 adult sons to see Stanley Clark at the Queen and it was a great experience. This was our first time at this venue. It was a very small seating area which made it so that there isn't a bad seat in the house. We ordered drinks from the bar and the drinks were excellent. Not weak like many places serve. The sound was fantastic and of course Stanley Clark and the band were amazing. The drummer was incredibly talented. We would definitely see another show at this venue.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank TravelBuddies589
See more reviews
Reviewed 27 January 2018

I recently went to see Gaelic Storm at the Queen (venue on the lower level), Right off I could see this venue would be a great place for a date, a good-friends night out and even family, depending on the entertainment. There is a long list of visiting talent to choose from. A big plus in winter is safe parking for about $5 next door. Finger-food snacks are above average and a fully-staffed bar was swift to serve. The floor plan is a combination of reserved chairs & standing area. Standing for 1-2 hours is easy at tall tables provided to place a snack & drink. The reduced overall capacity gives it a friendly tavern atmosphere. ~ Restrooms are better than a tavern and The Queen staff was very present and proactive about making your visit a good one.

Date of experience: November 2017