“Simply perfect!”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

SATurner6...
Manchester, Connecticut
“Simply perfect!”
Reviewed 15 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

My husband's family has a cottage over on Bayberry Rd., just a few blocks over. We usually spend Labor Day weekend there, and I got it into my head that my kids and I would come early so that we could have a full solid last week on the beach before school started back up, but the family cottage was occupied for that time period, so I sought out a local rental. This was perfect, especially at such a great price. It was near all that was familiar to us, including the beach. We usually used the family's Middlesex Beach beach pass, but did spend a couple of days on the public beach, as well, and my 8-year-olds made the walk down to the beach and back at least twice a day (we were given a parking pass, as well, but it was so close it was ridiculous to drive! Our favorite farmer's market was there, and the evenings often found us down on the boardwalk. My kids loved the recliners in the living room and were so in love with the screened-in porch that they took ate their meals out there. The kitchen was very well-appointed for cooking, and, indeed, I hated to leave that kitchen, as my own is simply not as easy to work in! The neighbors were lovely and friendly, and the owners of this rental left us a plate of local goodies, further endearing themselves to my kids! I myself was grateful for the wagon they left, which made the trips to the beach easier!! We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this rental property and hope to return ourselves.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the location, how nice the property was, how welcoming the owners were
Liked least: I could have used a tablespoon measure, but that's about it! :)
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Reviewed 20 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Families with young children Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
bhkeller
“Beautiful,well equipped,and lovely home.”
Reviewed 27 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Beautiful home it was perfect for our family and a convenient location. We loved to be able to take a shower after being at the beach in the outside shower. We also rode bikes into Bethany and it took us only 15-20 min. The kitchen was fully stocked with all the items you would need to cook any meal. It was also nice to wake up in the morning and eat out on the screened in porch and hear the birds chirping. Staying at this home was just an overall great experience.

Maryland
Reviewed 5 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Check-in / front desk
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing