“overnite stay”

Best Western Smyrna Inn
Best Western Smyrna Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Smyrna
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We had to stay somewhere near the hospital my mom was in and we booked at Best Western. Our experience was above our expectations. Our room was clean and spacious and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was good. When we checked out my husband left his credit cards and DL. We did not realize it until we got home that nite and there was a message that the maid Tasha found his cards and turned them in to the front desk.After speaking with Jyotika she said she would go to the Post Office and send them to us. We were most happy to deal with honest and helpful people. We definately would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary Ann B
shiva56, General Manager at Best Western Smyrna Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Dear sir,
Thank you for staying with us.Please let me know if i can make any future reservation for you.That was our pleasure serve you.
Jyotika Patel

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Best Western Smyrna Inn

Reviewed 29 November 2011

Our recent stay at Best Western, Smyrna, DE was disappointing. Although the rooms were clean the advertised Free WiFi was NOT. When we arrived we tried logging on to the Best Western web site from the lobby to make our reservations and could not get out on to the internet...on two different laptops. We asked the desk clerk and she simply told us the web site to go to to make the reservations. Another desk person arrived and he was also not helpful with the internet or rather LACK of internet. We spent the night and were not able to get out on the Free WiFi, we even went to the Business Center and also could not get on the internet from there. After several attempts to ask the folks behind the desk to help out, we gave up. Will never stay there again...

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank 20deb11
Reviewed 16 October 2011

In a decent location, lots of places to eat and shop. Little tough to zig zag around to finally get to hotel. Always has a great rate. If your on a budget this is a great choice. The breakfast was poor. One person working front desk and breakfast area. Not a lot of options. The bright spot is what you save at this hotel which was about 15 to 20 dollars compared to others you can go buy a good breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank IsupportRonPaul
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This hotel was so very loud. I travel for business and all I ever ask for upon checking in is a clean quiet room. Honestly it doesn’t seem that hard, but usually is. In this case the room was nice and clean, had an odd smell either of new drywall, or play dough, but that I could bear with. It is located in the middle of nowhere but was the closest I could get to my destination – August being tourist season.

My biggest issue was this hotel has almost no soundproofing. Anyone walking or running or talking normally in the hall you can here in your room. You get to hear your neighbors all night too, as I am sure they can hear you. Unfortunately for me I had very rude people above me. At 2:30 am I was awoken by them dragging furniture across the floor. After 10 minutes of that I called the front desk. I tried to go back to sleep. They started running in the room and continued rearranging the furniture. I called the front desk again. This continued till 3:30 am. I called a third time and as I was on the phone with the clerk he informed me that they refused to answer their phone and he was standing at their door. I heard him knock then the people above me starting slamming (I assume) doors, and kicking the wall. They informed him they weren’t making any noise.

I had to be up for work at 4:30 am and basically I got one hour of sleep.

Upon returning to the hotel I spoke to the front desk clerk who promptly lied to me stating that the same people were above me. I heard nothing all night and don’t believe that there was anyone above me. All I wanted was what I paid for a place to sleep so I could be well rested for work.

It’s issues like this that make staying in hotels horrible experiences.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank jewelryferret
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Except for behind the bed stands and places you can't see, the room was clean. Air conditioner fitlers were dirty, but the A/C worked well. I just like to be treated as a guest and not as an annoyance by the hotel staff. They were not friendly..very abrupt (when they finally waited on you at front desk)..not even I'll be with you in a moment, and a smile. The whole staff seemed to just be doing a job, and not one they enjoyed.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank sunlt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smyrna
9.7 km away
12.8 km away
Red Roof Inn & Suites Dover Downtown
18.9 km away
Best Western Galaxy Inn

Been to Best Western Smyrna Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK