“In Need of Rehab”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Seaford
Mid Maryland
“In Need of Rehab”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This hotel must be one of the original hotels in Seaford on Rte 13. We were able to check out multiple rooms to see what best suited us and our Mother. Some of the rooms had a pretty bad smell to them, others seemed fine, but all the rooms were showing age and a definite lack of maintenance...ie.. lights not working, chairs wobbly, very old style tv's, phone not working, entry doors with a lot of play to them, etc..... There were bugs flying around the area where the continental+ breakfast was served, maybe due to the near proximity of a non-moving river(or whatever) behind the hotel, dunno? Lot's of mosquito's at sundown due to this also. On the other hand, the staff was very pleasant and for the most part spoke good English, most were very helpful. Would I return to this hotel..No...there is Holiday Inn, Days Inn, Comfort Suites across the road that seem to be newer and in better shape, also a Hampton Inn down the road that appeared to be nice. Some of the people in our group turned down Quality Inn and called Holiday Inn and told them that they weren't happy with this hotel and Holiday Inn matched the price on the spot. Go to Jimmy's Family Restaurant while in town, good breakfast, and probably other foods too.

Room Tip: Staff was willing to help with finding a better room if you ask.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Connecticut
Reviewed 6 September 2011

My family and I stayed here after a family wedding. Service was terrible, the pool looked dirty, rooms were dank and unclean. We luckily were only here for one night, and left as soon as possible the next morning.

When my mother wrote to complain, she was told she would have a response in 72 hours. Nothing happened, so she called Quality Inn customer service. It said that a letter was written and sent, but that letter still wasn't received over 2 weeks later. So, not only was the hotel experience bad, but the customer service follow up was terrible as well.

There are many other properties right around this Quality Inn -- please, stay there!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Seaford hotels

McSherrystown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 August 2011

My boyfriend and I arrived at the Quality Inn, Seaford, DE for the weekend for my birthday because this was the only room that I could get under my employee discount on 8/12/2011....this was a complete nightmare!!!! My boyfriend walked into many and many spider webs that were everywhere on the outside of this hotel. When we got to our room the electric socket was hanging out of the wall, hair in the tub drain, a very dusty floor lamp that actually had the word spelled out FU, skittles that had been behind the bed for months that the color on them were fading and a huge spider web above our door inside the room...the next morning, 8/13/2011 (my birthday), I saw this bug crawling on the wall right beside the bed...A BED BUG IS EXACTLY WHAT IT WAS!!!! At this point, we took the bug down to the desk and I asked for a refund in which they only wanted to give 20%, not satisfied with that at all, but my continuing complaining I finally got the full refund on 8/14/2011...the next room that they put us in looked 100% better, but i just wanted to go to bed and get rest for our trip back home so I didn't look around for tooo many things in the room...wouldn't you know, my boyfriend woke up with bug bites on his back which were not there on 8/13/2011. I went to the bank to find out why there is $75.00 out of my bank account and they told me that Quality Inn in Seaford, DE made two different transactions, one for $25.00 and one for $50.00...so i came home and called them believing that they billed my card in error to find out that they are accussing me of taking a trash can, a white blanket and 5 pillows...I was scared to bring my own personal belongings home due to the fact that they have bed bugs in this hotel so why in the hell would I want anything else to travel home with me.. I called them three different times to talk to Hatel Patel to find out that he's at his residence, which I know is there on the property and then she tells me that he's on vacation...what a joke.
People need to be more aware that these people are rip offs and not to mention all of the health issues that come along with the bed bugs!!!!! I will never stay here again nor do I recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nightmare82011
South Windsor, Connecticut
Reviewed 6 August 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Where do I begin, we(family of five, 12yr, 10yr, and 9yr) drove down from Connecticut on Thursday July 28th, 2011 for my son’s Sports at the Beach Baseball tournament. Prior to driving down, I have reserved 6 rooms to accommodate other family members on the team. On the way down I have received numerous calls from other player’s parents, who have already checked in, about how horrible the rooms were. Since I was already in route, I decided let me get there and make my own assessment of the room(s). Upon arriving around 11pm after a 7hr drive; we were confronted with Mr. Tariq, the only hotel employee at the front desk. I mentioned to him that I have been getting many phones call from parents complaining about bugs in the beds and on the floor, dirty bathrooms, to the point there were feces on the toilet seat etc... With that said, I told Tariq that because of this, a couple of the families decided not stay here (I don’t blame them). Mr. Tariq told me I still have to pay for those rooms anyway. I said to him, “before I pay for those rooms, me and my family will sleep in the car”. According to him, there was nothing he could do even after speaking to his manager Mr. Ahtel. The only option is to take a look at all three rooms and if they were not up to par we can then cancel them. Mr. Tariq agreed and was very confident that his rooms were nice and clean. Surprise to him, when we walked into the first room, one of my sons noticed a 1inch bug crawling around the floor. We immediately left and Tariq canceled the room. He decided to show us the second room, and in that room we pulled the covers off and noticed hair all over the sheets as if the sheets were never changed. Again we walked with Tariq to cancel that room. We walked into the third room; once again we pulled the covers off and no surprise to us there was hair all over the sheets, and that room was also canceled. Mr. Tariq witnessed all three rooms. At this point, it was close to 1am, the kids were tired and our only option was to sleep in the car. It did not faze Mr. Tariq that the five of us will be sleeping in Toyata Camery. He just wanted us out of his “HAIR”. We were more of a troublesome to him than him trying to accommodate us. He did not apologize not even once. This place was disgusting and I will never ever recommend this place to anyone. Please do not get confused with the pictures on the site and do not get excited about the price point because you will get what you pay for. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE WHO IS TRAVELING WITH A FAMILY ESPECIALLY WITH SMALL CHILDREN…
Although sleeping in the car was not very physically comfortable, but knowing that my family will not wake up with bug bites, was well worth it. Luckily the next morning, a softball team (who lost) checked out of the rooms across the street at the Holiday Inn Express and we were able to get a room. Pay a little more across the street at the Holiday Inn Express and you will enjoy your stay!!!
Rodriguez family

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Rodriguez15
laurel
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We stayed here one night while returning from the beach. The room was nice and clean, very comfortable beds. The Kids enjoyed the indoor pool very much. The rooms look all newly renovated to me. While i was there i saw lot of baseball players, so looks like a good hotel for teams too.

Room Tip: Try the river view rooms.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaford
0.4 km away
32.9 km away
Days Inn & Suites Milford
17.7 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Georgetown Delaware Beaches

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK