All reviewsfront desktexas roadhousebaseball tournamentroom was cleancomplimentary breakfastnight's sleepgreat place to staypool and hot tubpleasant stayfitness centerocean citycookieswalmartnicholshousekeeperaccommodationsmd
Reviewed 5 September 2015

This hotel is nice and a good place to stay if you are in the area although it is a bit expensive I'm always happy to have a clean place to stay. Unfortunately there is no control over the noise from the busy road that it is on. There are many places close by for restaurants which is also helpful.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HISeaford, General Manager at Hampton Inn Seaford, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for those kind words. It isn't taken lightly because we know that you have choices and I want to make sure that every time you need to make a choice, it will be the Hampton Inn Seaford, Delaware. Your business is appreciated and remember that this is your home away from home. Take care until we see you again.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

We stayed only one night and were very satisfies. The only negative was the cheap utensils we were given for the breakfast. The Hilton Chain of hotels can do better than that. Other than that no problems.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 August 2015

The hotel is in the same complex as Applebee's and Walmarts, which is very handy. Nice property, and the grounds are well keeped. Everything good you expect from a Hampton Inn...clean and comfortable room, quality people, nice amenties, and a bonus it was quiet. Didn't use any of the ammenities, nor did I partake in the breakfast. but they all looked nice and the breakfast smelled good. Would definitely stay here again and recommend if you are in the area...this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 August 2015

My wife picked this place over the Holiday Inn Express down the street based on the reviews. I am typing this review along with her at 2am because none of use can sleep. The road noise of this place is ridiculous. The hotel is so close to the street that you can hear every car. The windows and walls in this place are so thin that I can hear everything from the room next to mine.

The service is not good. The front desk clearly aware of the noise issue and down-played it when I checked in. They refuse to change the room for me at check-in and it was 5pm, not midnight when you have no room to switch. The toilet bowl is not clean and the pillows smells bad. The TV screen is as big as my computer monitor. There is no pool towels at the pool.

I don't find the neighborhood very safe either. Just stay away from this place.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
HISeaford, General Manager at Hampton Inn Seaford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2015

Dear Previous Guest,

Thank you for your criticism of our hotel. It's not something that we take lightly but I would like to address your comments.

As for the closeness of our hotel to the road: Every hotel that you go to in the Seaford area is just as close to the road as ours.

As for the windows and walls of our hotel being thin: If you are near the highway, you will hear the highway noise no matter how thick the walls/windows are.

As for the downplaying of your room selection at check in: It was a bit later than 5:00pm when you checked in and you have to consider the room type that you reserved which was a Two Queen bed room. With that said, the other rooms arriving could have been King rooms which would have been room types that you weren't interested in considering the number of people in your group. (Which could have been the reason why your room could not be switched)

As for the toilet not being clean: If this was reported at check in (and it wasn't) we would have been happy to address that for you IMMEDIATELY.

As for the pillows smelling bad: Again, none of this was reported to the Front Desk and now you attempt to make our hotel look bad on this site. How professional!!

As for the tv screen being as big as your computer screen: Unless you have a 32" or bigger monitor at home for your computer, that is the standard size for television screens at any hotel.

As for the pool towels: When the pool is being heavily used at most hotels they do run out of pool towels and if you were trying to swim first thing in the morning, then perhaps that could have been the reason there were no pool towels readily available.

As for the neighborhood not being safe: How could where we are located not be safe? We are in front of a Super Walmart and next to an Applebees restaurant. We are in a well lit area of the city, so I am not sure what isn't safe about where we are.

In my conclusion, I usually don't waste my time responding to surveys like this one, but I wanted to take the time to point out each issue that you brought up so the person(s) reading this will be able to see that you had every opportunity to make your complaints known to the Front Desk so that they could be addressed which we have no record of.

Thank you for the time to read this and it just may be that our hotel is not what you are looking for when you stay in our area. If that is the case, then we completely understand and I do say this with all due respect to your complaints.

Regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2015

Beautiful hotel inside. Location right on route 13, so outside is just a highway, now views for sure. Made a last minute reservation on a Saturday night in August. It was the only open hotel for miles. Not cheap, but great fluffy white pillows and covers. Love the décor!

Stayed: August 2015