“Swimming with Flavour ;)”

Union Jack Fish & Chips LTD Stoney Creek
Ranked #38 of 123 Restaurants in Stoney Creek
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 11
Description: British Style Fish & Chips Restaurant
Description: British Style Fish & Chips Restaurant
Reviewed 10 January 2018

This newer venue of a chain is very good. Wanted to try it for a while but never was in the area for lunch. Stopped in over the holiday season. It was super clean but tiny. There are only two tables of 4 for eating at the shop and no customer bathroom facility noted. The clerk was very friendly. We ordered Haddock and Cod dinners. Mine was Gluten Free. Fresh and delicious. No overwhelming grease and tasty crisp batter. The french fries are hand cut (so related on the menu) and were not overcooked, and the coleslaw was also fresh and crunchy not soggy and overladen with dressing. It was busy for a holiday week with calls coming in for take out orders and it was already 1:45 when we were there so I can only imagine how it gets busy at an actual meal time. Call ahead. I did not have any tummy reaction and he turned on the gluten free fryer just for my order. I would come back again.

2  Thank Pamela D

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Had a coupon from the Spectator so I decided to check it out after hearing people at work talk about it. I ordered the Haddock and chips and mac and cheese bites on a recommendation from a co-worker. The fish was excellent and the fries very good but I was disappointed with the mac and cheese bites as they were store bought frozen. I would get the fish and chips again for sure.

2  Thank supertzar666
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Ordered two haddock and chips for take out, the haddock was very nice but the chips were "fries", shame because the fish was so good. Will order again but no fries.

2  Thank Mallypoo
Reviewed 14 June 2017

We ordered one piece Halibut with fries - full meal with coleslaw. Great service and quick too. reasonable price and owner is very happy to serve.

1  Thank Bob H
Management response:Responded 17 June 2017

Thank you. We're glad to see you enjoyed your order.
Jason

Reviewed 17 April 2017

If I didn't know better I felt that they just went out and caught the fish before making it .. Had the special for Good Friday and it was beyond excellent , it reminded me when I used to go to England and get the chippy s over there .
Done to perfection .Will definitely be back .. If you have an air fryer the left overs where like we had just picked them up.
All I can say is that you deserve a salute .

3  Thank Jakstonis
Management response:Responded 17 June 2017

Thank you. We're glad to hear this and that you enjoyed a second meal from your order.
Jason