“Just gets better and better”

Confucius Chinese Cuisine
Ranked #54 of 292 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I've been visiting Confucius on and off for a few years, and they just keep getting better. This is a restaurant that should be on everyone's short list for a visit.

Very pleasant ambience - low noise level, pleasant music, and friendly service.

I finally figured out that ordering an entree in a Chinese restaurant is the wrong strategy - it's just too much of one thing. Instead, I order a soup and a couple of starters. If I'm still hungry, I just get another starter. At Confucius, this is the winning approach!

Had a wonderful seafood sweet and sour soup, just the ticket for a chilly October evening. I followed that up with some pork dumplings, probably the best I've ever had anywhere. Then came the smoked salmon and scallion pancakes, an unusual delight not to be missed. Still had a bit of room after that, so I plunged into a plate of flounder, ginger scallions, and black beans - delicious!

It's difficult to describe how much better than the typical Chinese restaurant this is. You really need to experience it to "get it."

Not cheap compared to your run-of-the-mill strip mall Chinese joint, but not pricey by Rehoboth fine dining standards, and the quality is up there with the best of them.

3  Thank jGromit

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

The best Chinese food! I go there every week and always enjoy the meal, the lovely atmosphere and the waitstaff! Iam in love with this place!

3  Thank PeterRehobothDE
Reviewed 24 September 2017

We were in need of veggies and fish and love Asian fair. Thankfully we gave Confucious a try as we had a very enjoyable meal. We had Halibut fried crispy with an excellent, spicy brown sauce and a side portion of mixed vegetables.

2  Thank Don B
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We are repeat customers and once again we are glad that we returned. Vegetarian spring rolls with plum sauce never disappoint. The salt and pepper shrimp were to die for but have a fire engine handy. General Tso Chicken was a cut above and the pepper beef was very good and plentiful. The service was good and it was a great experience but $10 for a gin and tonic was a little over the top.

2  Thank Ronald S
Reviewed 19 September 2017

If you are looking for great Chinese food at a very reasonable price along with good service then this place if for you. Its popularity can make getting a table a bit of a challenge - but the wait is worth it.

2  Thank Paul D