“Love those coconut shrimp!!”

Jake's Seafood House II
Ranked #79 of 287 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Description: Jake's Seafood is celebrating 25 years of quality freshness and family tradition in Rehoboth Beach! Enjoy our award-winning Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes and famous Seafood Bisque, or try one of our new menu items including Lobster Mac 'N Cheese, Fish Tacos, and Seared Scallops. We are family-friendly, serving lunch, dinner, and carry-out. We also offer a full selection of beer, wine, and cocktails. Our original location is one block off the beach in downtown Rehoboth, and our second location is on Route One (Coastal Highway) in Rehoboth.
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

Had the coconut shrimp which were excellent. Great service; pleasant surroundings. Liked the fact that Jake's has "small plates" for those of us who eat less.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

Went here with Family in July for dinner. While our meals weren't bad, there was nothing extraordinary about our experience. Service was ok, food was ok, atmosphere was interesting. Listening to White Snake while trying to enjoy a seafood meal was strange. Don't think I'll be returning soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

WOW<I never throught that I would give Jakes a bad write-up,after all the years of going there for lunch and dinner,we visit Delaware a few times a year and always stop by Jakes.This pasted week we stoped in for lunch,the tables were very dirty,and so was all the fixins on the table.The server was very dirty,and unkept,she didn't even look like she comb her hair when she got up in the morning to go to work.The floors in the whole area was very dirty.Other customers around sent there food back,they were not happy there eitherAlso the bathroom was very dirty too.Also now I see that Jakes has turned into a tourist trap too.There prices a really high for lunch and dinner.Its a shame because my wife and I had so many happy times there.We will not go back even to give it another try,because its costs way too much to eat to even give it another try.Also our lunch terrible.

JakesSeafood, Manager at Jake's Seafood House II, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

We are very surprised to hear about your last visit. As always, at Jake’s we take the cleanliness and sanitation of our restaurant very seriously for the health and comfort of both our guests and our staff. The experience you report seems incredibly out of the ordinary and we will be speaking with our staff at that location to ensure that we are meeting the high standards for cleanliness that we set for ourselves. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

I have tried crabcakes at most of the restaurants in Rehoboth area and Jakes are by far the best there is..... I also like their crab dip served with delicious bread not chips!!

Reviewed 10 September 2016

Went here today with my wife for lunch. I had seafood bisque and rockfish with broccoli and red skinned mashed potatoes with a St. Germain white sangria and my wife had a hamburger with applesauce. She liked her burger which was cooked as ordered (well done). My bisque was average fare. The rockfish was tough and not particularly tasty which I normally savor. The broccoli was ordinary but the mashed potatoes were rich and creamy. I enjoyed the sangria which had strawberries, blue berries and blackberries. Our server, Jason B was efficient. The place has carpeted flooring in the dining room which is never a good idea in my opinion and the pathways were very grungy and either need a deep, deep cleaning or, more likely, should be replaced (preferably with a more suitable floor covering). The place has a huge bar and does cater to the football crowd. There is a large parking lot on either side of the restaurant and also some spots in front. I thought the prices were very high for lunch ($24 for rockfish and $10 for sangria) and there are better choices out there.