All reviews off season can't beat the location pull out couch beach chairs the main street this past weekend free parking housekeeping staff sitting area omelet ocean roland boardwalk rehoboth delaware funland
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my newly wed wife were traveling up from Kentucky and my mother in law wanted to pay for a hotel for is to stay in here. So I asked for a hotel on the beech. So she booked our stay here for several nights. But we ended up with some complications in our travels and arrived pretty late (4:50 am) just looking for a place to drop dead and sleep. We walk in and nobody is at the desk. So we wait awhile, trying to subtly make our presence known, but not seeing anyone for at least 15 minutes. Then their security guard comes out and asks us what we are doing. I tell him that we are here for a room. Which he laughs at (I know we wouldn't be getting our full money's worth, but we just wanted a place to sleep at that point) and I say we have reservations. Then he asks us for what night. And then finally the desk clerk comes out and gets us to our room. I can only assume at this point that she must have called security because two people showed up randomly.

Sure that's strange... For strangers to show up... At a hotel... Hmmmm.

Hospitality is clearly not their forte if that is how they treat weary guests. Most people don't want to be kept waiting and then interigated when all they want is a bed to sleep on.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank De-valued-customer
Craig G, Front Office Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

I do apologize for any inconvenience that may have occurred during your visit with us. I have shared your comments with the staff and management so that this kind of action does not happen in the future. We get a lot of compliments on our staff and I was appalled by the comments that you have made. Please accept my deepest apologizes, I wish I had know of your dissatisfaction with the incident while you were here.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

We were passing through from the Cape May Ferry and landed here for the night, on a discount rate in March. It was a very pleasant stay, and affirmed our plan of taking in the beach hotels on our way to Florida. The room was spacious and charming, if not the most contemporary. We couldn't just take off in the morning, because the boardwalk offered a beautiful stroll, and the Robin Hood Diner offered excellent home fries. To think we could have paid as much or more for a cookie cutter room on the highway.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Craig G, Front Office Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Thank you for your gracious comments on your recent stay at the beach. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and a wonderful stroll on one of the finest boardwalks on the east coast. We are hoping to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel is trying to upgrade. Unfortunately, the management has purchased new beds that are rock hard with absolutely no give. It’s like sleeping on the floor. A third night of tossing and turning. I will not stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Craig G, Front Office Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Thank you for your feed back on your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you were uncomfortable in the room. I wish that after the first night you would have informed me so that maybe we could have accommodated you in a different room. We are do some upgrades now and if there was something wrong in your room, I would have noted it for our review. Again, I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I'm not as well traveled as some people here. I'm a single mom so I don't have a lot of disposable income, but I wanted to take my daughter for quick overnight trip to the beach for my birthday. I booked the Atlantic Sands because it is a beachfront property right on the boards. I remember seeing it the times we had visited Rehoboth beach during the summer. I went online to find a room and ended up going through Expedia. Found an Ocean View room and I was quite happy, as there was no view and no balcony rooms listed and also Ocean View. I took that to mean I would have a good view of the Ocean from my room. Got a balcony so I could sit out and look at the ocean. To my dismay when I arrived the room I got was facing another building. The only way you could see the ocean was if you went out on the balcony and faced your chair off to the side or leaned over and you could partially see the ocean. So disappointing! I called the front desk and they explained there is Oceanfront and OceanView. That was not explained on the Expedia site at all. The person at the desk said I should called Expedia and complain and that they could do nothing about it because I went through Expedia. I called Expedia and they said they had no OceanFront rooms listed so there was nothing they could do even though the person at the desk said they had OceanFront available. At that point I gave up and just dealt with the disappointment because no one seemed to care and my daughter was getting antsy. That was the first hitch for me. As for the hotel itself, the rooms were neat and clean. It was terribly noisy though, both from people in other rooms slamming doors, and from the construction crew working early in the morning. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. I did love the pillows though. Those were nice and soft. The bathroom was very tidy , however, the shower pressure was very low. I like a nice invigorating shower. Forget the tv. Supposedly had cable but the channels were fuzzy the way old over the air stations used to be. There was no menu, and nothing in the room to tell what the channels were. The location is great, you are right on the boardwalk, and walking distance of most things. Overall, next time I want a special birthday I will go elsewhere. I'm not impressed at all, and it's not worth the extra price to pay for a room that makes you crane your neck to see the ocean.

Room Tip: If you want to see the Ocean make sure you get Ocean Front, Ocean View sucks
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank parque2017
Craig G, Front Office Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for your feed back on your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you felt you were deceived in the difference between ocean view and ocean front and I can understand your feelings. I am sure that the front desk would have tried to offer you another room or another room type but we generally sell out on the weekends. I wish I was made aware of the situation so I could have tried to accommodate your request, unfortunately I never had the opportunity. We are on the boardwalk in a great location and we are making great changes to the hotel. If you ever get another chance to visit our beach, please call me personally and I will book your room personally. Again I do apologize for any inconvenience that may have occurred.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Reasonable winter rates on the boardwalk w ocean views. Friendly staff, decent food and nice rooms. The south facing suites in the newer section are the way to go. Unfortunately, the builders skimped on insulation. Can be noisy. Location would be ideal for a summer or fall vacation.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Craig G, Front Office Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed a getaway at the beach, and glad that you found our staff friendly our rooms nice. We are in a great location on the boardwalk for just about anytime of the year. We hope to see you again.