All reviewscan't beat the locationpull out couchthe main streethigh seasonbeach chairsthis past weekendfree parkinghousekeeping staffsitting areaoceanrolandboardwalkrehobothdelawarefunland
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Rehoboth Hotels have *charm*. Some will say that means "oh! oh! they're old". Well, charm can also mean you get a feel for something that is hard to come by. The hotel may be older than a Vegas mod, but it is still clean and presentable. The rooms are a bit small and the walls a bit thin, but the modern population is loud with their kids too. So blame that on the modern culture. So, parents, take care of your kids more. I know kids like the clomp. Well, teach them how to walk without wooden shoes on, scream and yell in common areas and slam doors.
Anyway: the hotel is right on the beach. It is centrally located. It has its own pool. And the service at the pool is superb. 2 chairs and umbrellas for beach use are provided as well as parking during your stay. Now, about the staff and customer service: ABSOLUTELY THE BEST. I had a medical problem that required I check out early before my paid-in-advance stay. The front desk refunded me the entire rest of my stay on the day that I did the early exit. I did do it before the 11 a.m. checkout, but STILL, I was accommodated completely and pleasantly. No attitude! I was a guest and made to feel so. And the service personnel at the front desk: Debbie, you are an angel. You were top-notch and friendly when we arrived and when we said we had a medical problem at the end, you stepped up and took care of things in the most friendly and hospitable manner. So, do I recommend this hotel? Without any reservation. Just remember that it is not a new hotel, so don't expect Vegas-modern. It has history and charm that is Rehoboth. And you can WALK to anything at the beach from this marvelous hotel.

Stayed: August 2017
MarkM1010, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

While we are most appreciative of your patronage and thank you for being a guest with us, none of us could have provided a better description of your experience that what you crafted yourself! We are so very thankful for your kind comments and accolades towards our staff and the services they provided. Thank you!

We will be sure to share your glowing commnets with our Front Office and pool staff.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We stayed here for 3 nights with some other families who had kids participating in a local baseball tournament. We knew the location was great, but the rooms were $380 per night. Having done this tournament before, we knew what location we wanted and the reviews on this place weren't great, but we rolled the dice. Positives: location is awesome, service was good, nice pool, nice restaurant with buffet breakfast and that food was very good. Negatives: dirty bathroom, broken light fixture, room safe that jammed when opening, balcony door that locked us out on our balcony, old rugs, uncomfortable, small beds, small rooms. We had a nice weekend anyway, but I won't stay here again until they start taking the enormous amount of money they charge per night and invest that in upgrading their hotel. Also, it rained one morning and when it cleared up later in the day, they wouldn't lend out beach chairs They said that they sent the staff home. And, we had to reactivate our room keys multiple times throughout our stay because they stopped working. No laundry facilities either. I don't know where the overpriced room money is going, but I'm sure it's not going to the poor staff members who really tried their best to deal with unhappy customers, nor is it going into keeping the hotel nice and worth the fees they charge.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor facing the boardwalk and it was actually pretty quiet, I was worried about the noise, but it wasn't bad.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We stayed aug 10-13, 2017. One adult 3 kids. Room 206 was great. There was enough room for everyone two queen beds and a pull out couch. Room was clean had two bathrooms which was perfect considering we had 3 kids ages 13-15 there. Shower pressure was good, which is a rare find these days and the water was hot. We had a small (working) refrigerator and a microwave as well as small coffee pot. Side view of the ocean, boardwalk and beach. Staff was nice and helpful. Hotel handled all the kids well. It was not noisey or crowded (mind you it was a baseball tournament weekend). Can't beat the location. No need to drive, everything is right next to the hotel: beach, food, arcade, bars, and shops. Hotel offers free beach chairs and umbrella rentals. I do wish there was a laundry room. We enjoyed our stay. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

We came expecting a nice room with a king bed. We have a small king suite with one small window with chicken wire in the glass. When i asked if i could have a window that opens i was told that none of the king bed rooms windows open. Really at a beach front hotel? The room also smells of bug disinfectant, is dark and grim. I was directed by the website to make the reservation online and that information was not given. I made the reservation in January as we were coming for a wedding. Other quests reservations include breakfast, but not ours. Because, we were told, that was a promotion for reservations made in June and July. We were also charged the top rate.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank oceanlover57
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

I am currently here for a week with my family and am very disappointed. The location is of course superb and the pool on the boardwalk is a nice touch, but our room is dark and smelly and musty and there is ZERO ventilation...no window to open to dry our wet towels and clothes and bathing suits and when I asked the front desk for help, they just shrugged their shoulders. Service has been very poor. We are paying about $375/night and I feel completely gypped. Our "suite" has a separate little area with a pullout bed that is probably 30 years old....extremely uncomfortable. Never again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family