“Best breakfast of our trip!”
Review of Egg

Egg
Ranked #30 of 285 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped at Egg on our last morning in Rehoboth Beach and we had an AMAZING breakfast! It’s an adorable restaurant and they serve delicious coffee! The service is spectacular and I had the hardest time deciding what to order because everything sounded unique and delicious! We settled for biscuits and gravy, croque mosuier and pumpkin praline French toast. Everything was delicious and by far the best breakfast of our trip!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I am reluctant to write a good review for Egg because I want the place to myself! This little restaurant is located right after the drawbridge on Rehoboth Avenue and it is a fantastic new find! The Sriracha candied bacon is so good that I could just eat that for breakfast everyday. Every breakfast item is a twist on traditional. The creamed chipped beef is served over cornbread rather than plain old toast. The staff is friendly and take out orders are available for limited time. This place gets packed, always a line it so worth it. Just don’t tell anyone!!

1  Thank Shawn B
Reviewed 17 March 2018

So back in 2014 NYT wrote an editorial about how chef's hate brunch and only jerks go to brunch ( or something along those lines ). As a chef, caterer and former restaurant owner can fully commit to saying I LOVE BRUNCH. What the heck is not to love ? Bloody Mary's, Mimosa's, Hollandaise, Carbs Galore, Caffeine, Bacon, Bacon, Bacon. I could not wait to go to Egg. As soon as I saw the font and the name we were in. Yeah, it's going to be the real deal. We got there a hair before booze could be served and sat at the bar. Man Candy came first, and that wasn't even a question. Our server/bar dude hooked us up. a month later and I still remember those tender crepes filled with buttery lemon curd and fresh blueberries. But But But - you can get half orders of eggs bennie so you can also get the carbs and some other stuff and you'll want to because it's so hard to CHOOSE. I LOVED the staff camaraderie at the bar. Yes we got cocktails when the bar opened. yes they were excellent. This place is small and very popular so get there early or bring something to entertain yourself with and sit outside on the thoughtfully provided benches and chairs. We would go back to Rehoboth just to have breakfast here. Yeah, and my husband has been making man candy in his smoker since we've been back nonstop....

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I came here with a friend and had a very enjoyable breakfast. The candied bacon was one of the best things I’ve ever tasted in my life! The food portions are great, too. This place is a bit small, though. If you go with a large group, you may want to call in advance.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Went in for an early breakfast to experience what I heard from so many. Was seated promptly no wait. Nice clean cottage atmosphere. Server friendly approached and asked for coffee or tea which was limited and no herbal option for those who can’t have caffeine. Chose selections from the menu. Minutes later we overheard another server announcing the specials from a table which sounded great. We flagged down the server to change one of the two orders then talked with the original server as she mentioned “ I forgot”. Lame excuse considering the specials were unique and interesting from the overall menu. Entrees served timely and the oyster P.O. boy Benedict was flavorful the crab Benedict was bland uninteresting, English muffin barely toasted and not a touch of old bay for seasoning. When I received the check I was charged $3 for the hot water. I’ll go to the Crystal. May not be as pretty but it’s a great breakfast and you know what you’ll get and the staff is friendly.