“Amazing seafood”
Review of Chesapeake & Maine

Chesapeake & Maine
Ranked #59 of 292 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

The rock fish was simply amazing. Especially loved that it was caught less than 24 hours before hitting my plate. Now that's fresh. The crab dip is hands down the best I've ever had. Finally the craft cocktails on tap were a very nice addition. Will visit this place again next summer for sure!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

At some point, the former Dogfish Head restaurant expanded and spawned a new restaurant that is focused on Seafood - the Chesapeake & Maine. Our group had originally planned to go to the main Dogfish Head restaurant, but it was a Saturday night and there was a 1.5hr wait for at able, so we ended up here. I opted for a the halibut, which is pan-seared and served on a bed of corn and microgreens. I have to say, I was not terribly impressed, especially given the prices here. It was a very small piece of fish and could have used a bit more seasoning. Also, they seemed a bit understaffed -- while our service was nice, she seemed spread a bit thin. Maybe there are other items on the menu that were better, but I don't see myself coming back.

Afterwards, we went to the gift shop next door, which had six-packs, Dogfish Head clothing and souvenirs, as well as other unique products like Gin, Vodka and Bourbon.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We chose to try this place out during our stroll at night since it was one of the few places still open late. Food was great! We especially enjoyed the different choices in beer and cocktail flights! My favorite was the Mule... must try! There were various choices of oysters by location and we chose whatever was the dollar oyster offered... fresh and yummy! I the. Must order the lobster, mussels, and clam bake with potatoes and pork belly. The seafood on that entree was fresh and the pork belly that came with it was melt in your mouth delicious! We had kids under 2 with us and they seem to have liked their mac and cheese. They didn't have much of choices in juice/drinks for the kids. My son seem to have not minded the cranberry juice I requested to have watered down. I would return here again in our next visit.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I really like the decor of this place. The shipboard walls, circular windows, oyster shell chandeliers and sea monster drawings make this a fun setting. The cocktails are also excellent. Where can you get a cocktail flight? Here! And I recommend the Far East Gimlet, Back in the Tall Grass, and Jabroni (all unique and full of flavor). My wife felt the Tall Grass had too much lemon in it. As for food, I loved the crab dip with the toasted bagel chips (flavorful companion) but my wife felt it was too salty. I absolutely loved my scallop dinner; it was a large portion, well balanced, perfectly done, with a very nice presentation. The ham cubes with it were delicious and unique as well. My wife also enjoyed her rock fish entree but felt the potato wrap was more like chip-like than potato. I thought the flavor was very good. The fish was also cooked perfectly. The kids' chicken is delicious and the mac and cheese is good. They like all the food is pricey, so be warned that this will set you back.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We just stopped by the bar for a glass of wine and we ordered an appetizer, their house made chips with crab topping - Delicious!!