“Great food!”
Review of La Casa Pasta

La Casa Pasta
Reserve with OpenTable
La Casa Pasta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 404 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant for many lunches a few years ago & was not impressed. However, we went for dinner with friends & I must say it was delicious!! Broccoli rabe with sausage was outstanding! I definitely will go back to try something else but the other 3 in my party enjoyed their meal, wine & bread as much as I did! Kudos to the cook! Can't wait to go back & try. Something else!

Reviewed 21 September 2018

I went to the restaurant yesterday for a work luncheon. I always feel it is overpriced but I usually get the buffet which is the best value and many choices. The food was good but the service not so much. Plates were not cleared away from the table so we stacked them or moved them to another table and we were not asked once for a drink refill when all our glasses were empty and one person never even got their drink.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

The entrees were a bit pricey and were nothing special in terms of taste. Chicken parmesan was soggy. Indicated on our reservation that we were celebrating a birthday. There was no acknowledgment whatsoever. Tried to use a gift certificate and the waitress refused to honor it. I sent an email to the manager, assistant manager and general information email address and NO reply from anyone. We will never patronize this restaurant again, It's not like they are rated the best restaurant in the area to act like they can treat customers so poorly.

1  Thank vinnie814
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We were traveling to Richmond and this seemed like a good stopping point. It is an old style Italian restaurant. Basic good dishes and pasta. The Caesar salad was great and the chicken parm was good and generous.

Beware the portions are such that you can share. Good idea if you have no place to store it. The host waiters and waitress were accommodating and happy to serve. It is a great stop whether you are a local or traveling.

1  Thank paulmullen8
Reviewed 17 August 2018

Wife and a friend of ours went last night. Nice atmosphere,service. Bruschetta was excellent. As was the regular bread in basket,but skip the little baguettes. Seemed VERY commercial.
Veal shank special,lamb chops and lasagna excellent. Dessert of gelato sampler and creme brulee outstanding.(custard was on soft side,no problem).
Water/one beer was $108.00 Not bad for 3 people and Large portions. We all took home doggie bags.

Been to La Casa Pasta? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK