“Cute motel”

Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Newark
“Cute motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

Very clean red roof inn. Nice friendly service. We stayed here overnight. And I found the place to be immaculate. Great night's rest. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive night's sleep.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Miriamblock1978
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Holbrook, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I must admit, when I booked this room I wasn't expecting much. I was travelling from FL to MA and needed a place to stay to break up the drive. I grew up in the area, so I knew there was a cluster of hotels at this exit with restaurants and shopping nearby. But the main reason I chose this hotel was that it is pet friendly with no additional pet fee and I had my doggie with me.

I was warmly welcomed upon check-in, the room was recently remodeled and with a nice modern design, and the whole hotel is non-smoking!!! Usually pet rooms are smoking rooms (or used to be and still smell like an ashtray!). This room was clean, smelled great, and had comfortable beds. I travel often for work (about 45 nights/year in hotels) and usually stay in higher-end hotels, so I can't say this was nicest placed I've ever stayed- but for the money it definately was the nicest budget hotel room I've stayed in!!!

It's near a nice shopping mall, many restaurants nearby (Cheeseburger in Paradise for those Jimmy Buffett fans out there! Also Applebees and Chili's- all three within walking distance), University of Delaware, Astra Zeneca, Delaware Park, Christiana Hospital, and it's right off I-95 so easy off/on for those on a roadtrip!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank norachica
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

The Customer Service Laron has been excellent each time we have visited the hotel.He is courteous and patient and very willing to assit us. It is very hard to find anywhere good Customer Serivice Reps but this gentleman goes over and beyond . I would recommend the Hotel to anyone due to this and also the other staff is always curteous and friendly and the rooms are always well kept.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great no matter what the location ...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Harrison Tn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

This Motel is Extremely clean, Good Economic Rates, Easy Off and On from and to I-95. Plenty of shopping, Dinning, Hospital close, Steak house with in walking distance, Pet friendly. No traffic noise. The entire staff is is so pleasant and will acommodate you in any way

Room Tip: I always put my stay in a Buisness suite, Top of the line in rooms and very affordable
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

This hotel was everything we were looking for, it was very affordable at only $69 for a night, while all the other hotels around were almost twice that. My family and I were amazed when we checked in to find the inside of the hotel room with modern wood flooring, very comfortable mattress and wall mounted flat tvs. We travel a lot, and this was one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed at. The staff was very accommodating with directions. The place was a little hard to find, but very quiet and excellent value for the money. The front desk people said the hotel was entirely non-smoking and all the rooms were recently remodeled. It really showed, I never would have thought a hotel of this kind could be so nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a upstairs room, there was almost no noise whatsoever.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family