“Adorable place to eat”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My mom and I visited today as we were in town for the morning. She had heard of this place from an acquaintance. The front of the restaurant is a store with curtains leading to the dining area. I had a feeling we might need a reservation and when we walked in, sure enough we were asked for one. When the very nice greeter found out we had none, she told us they had one place available for a party of 2. It looked too close to another table to be comfortable so she sat us at a better location. Kudos to her for noticing!
My mom and I both ordered the chocolate mint tea (yum!!!) and finger sandwiches (you choose 3 of the 6 varieties and they bring you two small triangles of each with crust cut off) that came with scone (I had vanilla but they also offered chocolate chip and cranberry walnut) and dessert cakes. The sandwiches were good but not filled very well. That's the only thing preventing a 5 star review. Fill the sandwiches to the edges so it's not a bread sandwich and you've got yourself a 5 star place. Luckily, we had plenty of tea to wash down all that bread. Our waitress was very busy but very nice. She definitely could have used some help. My scone was dry so I didn't eat it but when I left I realized we never received the condiments the menu said they came with (cream and something else). I hadn't realized so I asked for butter or cream cheese and was given two pats of butter but it still wasn't working for me. I have a feeling they would have tasted amazing had they been served as advertized. We ended up bringing our remaining tea home in a to go cup because there was such a large amount of it. And it was so, so good.
Decor is cute...mismatched furniture and adorable tea settings. The bathroom was pretty cool too. We will be back again! Highly recommend. Please be more generous on your sandwich fillings, though! :)

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Terri W

Reviewed 7 January 2018

My sister and I enjoyed High Tea with our sons, such a treat. These young men really enjoyed the scones with the clotted butter and preserves. The selection of various teas were amazing and worth coming back to try again and again. We loved the little sandwiches they were simply divine.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 12 July 2017

First of all, this place is VERY difficult to find ... even with gps. Tucked into a back corner of a strip-style mall, with very little signage. Being seated quickly after arrival, the table was prettily set with mis-matched cups and plates. They have a good sized listing of teas, but when we asked for some description of types we were unfamiliar with, it was obvious that neither of the TWO servers we spoke with had a clue. Yes, the staff was young, but they should know what they are offering. The tea itself is brought to you as an individual ceramic pot, seated on it's own warming candle. Nice touch to make sure the tea stays warm, but NOT so nice when my teapot had an obvious crack from the bottom of the spout to the base. This was not something that just happened, as the cracked was quite discolored. I asked for a replacement, and while the server so, it was done with the comment of "it should be fine". Perhaps, but at least in Maryland, this would be a matter for the health department! You cannot successfully kills germs washing cracked/chipped dishes. The food was average, with the exception of the chicken salad, which was very tasty. One member of our party asked for butter for her scone, and we had to ask FOUR TIMES before it came, and then it was rock hard. This was a "destination" outing, and we had to drive almost 20-minutes each way to this location ... all for a most disappointing afternoon. The only redeeming feature is that we had used a Groupon promotion pricing!

Reviewed 22 June 2017

I took my 3 grand daughters and my mother for afternoon tea. They all had a great time and want to go back soon. The food was delicious. There is an endless selection of teas so it took everyone forever to pick the kind they wanted to try. Hands down the pineapple upside down cake tea was the BEST!

Reviewed 13 June 2017

This is a lovely restaurant for afternoon tea and relaxing with friends. Food is excellent as it has been in the past 5 years. Servers were very attentive to our needs - especially since we had an 8 year old child with us. Three generations for tea as well as friends. We will definitely continue to return for our "ladies" gatherings!