“Excellent hotel between Wilmington and New Castle” 5 of 5 bubbles

Clarion Hotel - The Belle
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in New Castle
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,859 helpful votes
“Excellent hotel between Wilmington and New Castle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

We stayed one night at this excellent hotel with a very large room with one of the most comfortable king sized beds I ever slept in, 4 pillows, a fridge and microwave in the room, and coffee maker. The shower was great and the towels were large and fluffy. There was a continental breakfast in their restaurant. The area is a little cramped if there are a number of people there because those waiting to make waffles block you from getting to some of the other things--the hotel might consider reconfiguring this area. There was coffee/tea. cut up fruit, yogurt, 3 cold cereals, bagels and very good pastry. The only hot item was the waffles.

The hotel sits by itself off a side road, but fronts busy Dupont Highway, Route 13. We asked for a room facing the rear away from the road--I do not know about the noise level front rooms, but it was quiet in our room. The hotel has a small lobby area which was crowded and somewat noisy when we arrived. We were on the second floor about 6 rooms down from the staircase to the lobby. I would recommend that you not get a room near the staircase because of possible noise and because they play music in the lobby which might be disturbing in those rooms.

Room Tip: Get room away from road and not near lobby area.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pnemiller
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Choice Hotels are not my first choice, but I gave this hotel a chance due to it's location of where I needed to go in Wilmington. Everything was very clean, great price compared to other hotels, & the staff was friendly and accommodating. We arrived around 12:30pm and our rooms were actually ready. We absolutely loved the beds! I would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room on the front side of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank TSH74
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I have stayed in many places in Wilmington, De. over the years. This place is very clean, safe and the staff is exceptional. Each and every person is friendly and helpful. Great restaurant attached. Location is ideal and close to everything yet quiet, private location. Like I say, if I can't get a room at the Belle, I will postpone my trip to Wilmington. Can't beat it. I travel much and seriously , this is my home away from home when in Wilmington. Glad I found it after many unpleasant, unreliable stays at other hotels in the area. Thanks to the staff at the Belle, Ron

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Rojo9
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Found this hotel to be very handsome and quite a ruprise!. Rooms are well appointed, clean and roomy. Only have single cup coffee makers in rooms which is a diappointment for this guy who travels with his Starbuck's. Woudl prefer a 4 cup brewer. Neverhteless, great restaurant attached with Happy Hour appetizers, $6.00 .that are a full meal! Good Contintental Breakfast, average selection but fresh; china plates and real silver, etc. Quite nice.

Room Tip: Ask for lower numbers on each floor if possible. Anything above #140 and you are taking quite a hike...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Terrence S
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

When I checked into the hotel, everything was ready for me. The gentleman at the desk was very kind and helpful. I went upstairs to put my things away, and as soon as I walked in I was hit by the foul odor of stale cigarette smoke. As I was opening the door, a housekeeping woman happened to walk by, maybe training a new employee, and I overheard her say to the other woman: "All these rooms are non-smoking but they smell like smoke." I was very nervous when I heard this, and sure enough my room was rancid.

I was so upset, and there was no way I could remain in the room. I am highly allergic to smoke and only being in the room for 10 minutes gave me a sore throat, and a headache. I gathered my things and returned to the front desk.

The man at the front, I think his name was Gary, was very kind in getting me a new room. My second room was much better. It didn't smell bad and I was able to breathe better.

The hotel seems a bit dated, and the room could use some updating.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

10.0 km away
Comfort Inn and Suites
Comfort Inn and Suites
#4 of 24 in Newark

Been to Clarion Hotel - The Belle? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK