“As Good As They Say”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch with my daughter and we are picky about our Mexican food but Agave did not disappoint. In fact they exceeded our expectations. We tried their famous guacamole dip, just the regular one and it was the best I have ever had. I had the steak, blue cheese, and caramelized onion quesadilla and the steak melted in your mouth. We had to try the salsa. It was good and had the flavor of chili spices as the base. Our neighbor table had queso dip, ribs, and roasted corn that I wanted to try so bad. I am sure it was phenomenal too. Great menu, fast service, yes expensive, but worth the experience.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

This was truely a great surprise. This was some of the best food ever. Quality food reasonable price. We got the soft shell steak taco made with beef tenderloin and diced veggies. Totally awesome. Also ordered chips and salsa and guacamole. Best salsa I've had, guacamole was fresh. I can't say enough about our meal very flavorful.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

You can't be in a hurry because you are going to wait for a table, but the wait is well worth it. Its a charming place for dinner and drinks. Classy and great service. Food is authentic and outstanding

1  Thank John P
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I went to this restaurant with 6 women on a Sunday night in September. We arrived about 6:50 and had to wait about 45 mins for a table. I had the chicken enchiladas - there were 3 of them and they were very good. It was also served with black beans and rice which was also very good. We did have chips with 2 kinds of salsa and guacamole for appetizers - I didn't have the salsas but the guacamole was very good. The other ladies enjoyed their meals as well. I would definitely recommend this restaurant in Lewes for a very good Mexican meal.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Seriously? The food is decent and some recipes unusual but the excessive wait and somewhat haughty attitude of some of the staff (female hostess) left me w a bad taste. We were told by our innkeeper that the food was good and that quoted waits were often double what time actually was required. So we went early, left our name, and did some planned shopping in town. But we were told a 2.5-3 hour wait and yes, that was what it was. I fail to see why the establishment puts out their customers in such a way, rather than instituting a reservation system. When I questioned the time, employee slapped down her tablet and rolled her eyes at me, and simply turned her back on me. Once we did eat, we saw tables turned over very slowly, and not cleaned in a timely manner, while patrons still waited for seats. A good restaurant is a combination of great food and hearty welcome of patrons. This frequent Lewes visitor will turn to the other many fabulous options with better balance of what a great restaurant is - service, atmosphere, and delicious food.

1  Thank swarmina

Been to Agave Mexican Grill and Tequila Bar? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK