“Took 3 hours for delivery”
Review of El Coqui Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

El Coqui Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican, Puerto Rican
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

So we called around 2pm for delivery got a call back an hour later telling us they were short staffed and that I would have my food soon.

I got a call another hour later saying someone will report to work in 15 minutes and they will deliver then.

Start to finish it would end up taking 3 hours total. We literally called at 2pm and got the food at 5:05pm. Food came like warm. We ordered a Fundido cheese dip with meat but they forgot the chips.m so we ate the dip with a fork.

We won't be ordering again.

1  Thank Christina M

Reviewed 16 April 2017

This restaurant happens to be my favorite restaurant in and around the Dover DE area. I'm lucky because it is on my way home and I stop and try multiple items. The owner is very creative and comes up with new recipes all of the time. I have enjoyed everything I've ordered and would order everything again. My favorite dish is Carnitas from the Mexican menu and Rellenos de papas from the Platos de la Isla menu. The desserts are fantastic as well with the Tembleque, Orange Flan and Tres leche cake all at the top of my favorites list. You really should try everything though because it is all very good. Service has always been great and the atmosphere fantastic.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

had 2 take out orders of their Tacos (chicken & beef) @ $7 per order. When I got home (live about a mile away) & saw the little amount of meat in each Taco was NOT very happy. Should have gone back to ask for my $ back. I know Tacos are not very big, but come on. For that price. This was the second time I've stop by and to give them a 2nd chance, just to find the same out come as the 1st.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Great food much better than the chain Mexican sit down joints. Good variety and not just the standard tacos and burritos..Excellent food and service

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Stopped for lunch today, food was great and very fresh. Comfortable booths pleasant staff. Will definitely eat there again. Authentic Mexican & Puerto Rican food. Yummy