“Try it for Value and Quality” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Baltimore, Maryland
“Try it for Value and Quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

It's hard enough to vacation with the dog because businesses are not at all accommodating to dogs. But Comfort Suites gladly accepts dogs at additional $15 per night. I'm able to have my dog stayed with us. This is certainly the only reason why we stayed at CS, and we very much appreciated their hospitality for this. We were receive the same treatment and accommodation that made our stay comfortable. Other hotels charge too much for reason we don't understand when dogs are well behaved at most times.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bronx, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

My family frequently visit hotels, as we travel plenty. We stayed at the Comfort Suites a few years ago and the Fire Department had to evacuate everyone who was in the hotel, IN THE MIDDLE OF A THUNDERSTORM. The fire dept told management that if they had to return they would shut the place down. I am seriously disappointed at all the negative reviews but have nothing positive to add. We tried again to visit for this Memorial weekend since the price was affordable. Memorial Weekend and in the 90's.... the pool was a swamp. It was never cleaned for the particular holiday weekend and nothing was said as to why. I have been to a lot of places, I wasn't happy to return back to my hote room each night. Staff was not attentive. Our linens were fixed daily but our used towels were left on the bathroom floor the entire stay. We did mention it to front desk but was told to speak to room service when they start there shift, no apologies. Some of our lights didn't work in the room, we were told to contact mantinence. It was stressful. Old fashion TV so picture quality was poor. Super loud AC. I am so sorry to write such a review but in my time travelling, my family and i have stayed at many hotels in Dover and this was the worst. There was no excuse for the pool! ON A HOLIDAY
Good moments were comfortable beds, thick walls, non smoking place. Helpful staff during breakfast.

Room Tip: Please listen to the reviews they are helpful.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Dover hotels

Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

I lliked the hotel. It is basic with microwave, mini fridge, jacuzzi tub, cable tv and wirless access with your own device. But there is one computer in the lobby with an hour limit for use. You need to ask for toothbrush, toothpaste deodorant if you did not bring any. They are not in the room.

I like the waffle maker that you make yourself. It taste good. But breakfast was a bit on the sugary side, donuts, bread, cereal. I just wish there was an alternative for cow 's milk. But I drank tea.

Nice frienldy staff everyone was pleasant.

Room Tip: Book through travvelocity topsecret hotels
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

Would we stay there again? Absolutely!

Having gone to Delaware to look at over 55 communities, a friend and I stayed at the Comfort Suites for a night. Check-in went quickly, the clerk was very pleasant. We got to our room and there were two queen beds, a table and chairs, a sofa, TV and refrigerator/freezer. There was a 3 foot 'divider' between the couch/table area and the beds. The TV was on a swivel so it could be watched from either the bed or couch. The room was clean and bedding and pillows were in excellent condition.

I do agree with some of the comments about staff. It appeared that only one person was there and that is just not a safe condition for the employee or hotel guests!

Breakfast was typical Comfort Inn/Suites fare, which is acceptable. The waffles are always a treat at Comfort Inn/Suite Hotels.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
TaraInn, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 29 October 2010
Thank you for your review of the Comfort Suites in Dover, DE! I am glad you enjoyed your stay here and it is always great to hear from our guests. Our team works very hard to ensure that every guest is made to feel that we exceeded their expectations. I will share your comments with the rest of the team. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again while in the Dover area.
Webster, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

I am 71 years old and I can honestly say this is the worst stay I have ever had in my entire life! First of all the room was small and dingy. The king size bed was pushed against the wall so my wife had to climb over me to get out of bed. The picture that was once hanging over the head board was leaning against the wall on the floor. The sink wasfilthy and filled with cracks. The TV did NOT work. But worst of all, we were awaken out of a sound sleep at 1:30 AM by loud shouting and yelling in the pool area which was near our window. I called the desk and they said they would take care of it. This took over 20 minutes while the shouting continued. We were so rattled at this point that we could hardly fall asleep again. In sumation, I wouldn't stay there again if it were free.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
TaraInn, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 11 November 2010
Thank you so much for your comments. I would like to apologize on behalf of myself and the team at the Dover Comfort Suites that your stay was unsatisfactory. Your comments are very valuable feedback as we will look at each and every item you mentioned and will work diligently to correct them. We sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity if and when your travels bring you back to the Dover area.