See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 July 2018

I stayed at this hotel due to having a week of training nearby. The hotel is convenient to DuPont Highway. The suite was a great size. Ammenities were great including the jacuzzi tub, free drinks and snacks and unique gardens. I was alone a felt secure due to the cameras and locked gate. Owner Jim was friendly. This was well priced and I would stay there in the future.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
DoverGardens, Owner at Dover Garden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thanks Dawn !!!! Jim/Nan Mathews (owners) 302/883/2417

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is really nice. But beware, the owner is a complete jerk and EXTREMELY rude. His wife entered our suite without knocking. He was just coarse and extremely rude for no reason. Ruined our entire weekend. Nice hotel but might not be worth your sanity to deal with such a nasty human being.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
DoverGardens, Owner at Dover Garden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

I think this person was a member of a group celebrating a Haitian Wedding . My wife and I have strict rules on noise . All visitors must be registered . Visitors are limited to a max of two . Visitors must depart by 9 PM . We have no record of "babygurlgaelle" as a guest , or a registered visitor . The Guest was evicted for breaking our rules . The Guest was given their full $800 USD room fee back in cash . Police were involved . We offer a 5 star Apartment Hotel experience for $150 USD per night . Our guests are vetted and the rules are explained , in detail , before admittance . Our nine (9) units are extremely secure . Our property is walled and gated and I personally oversee a 32 camera CCTV security system . We have had issues before with Delaware State University personnel booking a unit and trying to have parties . We no longer allow Delaware State University personnel because our complaint to their provost was unheeded.

My wife and I no not book through Expedia/Booking.com (etc.) because we can not control the quality of our guests

If you are looking for a affordable 5 Star experience , and are willing to follow our simple rules , Please phone 302/883/2417

Jim, and Nan Mathews (owners) July 3 , 2018

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel 6 months in advance and received confirmation email from owner James Matthews. The owner cancels my reservation 1 month prior to reservation. Worst customer service ever. Beware when booking that the owner may cancel if one of his buddies needs a room. I would recommend a big chain where there is customer service. James Matthews will hang up on you and tell you "go pound sand". BUYER BEWARE!!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
DoverGardens, Owner at Dover Garden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

we are a small 9 unit luxury boutique hotel catering to the "long stay " guest
we vet our guests ................we do not book "short stays" 6 months in advance
we allow "short stay" bookings one week in advance

we offer our units , when available , to "short stays" @ the $99usd long stay rate
Mr Djamak David is unknown to us and I , in my 76 years , have heard the term
"pack sand" but I have no idea what it means .

Jim and Nan Mathews 302/883/2417 Sept 21/2017

Reviewed 4 September 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Dover Garden Suites during the weekend of August 26th first time. It is the best kept secret in Dover. The Rooms were absolutely beautiful it was a mini house. They provided you with snacks and drinks and they come each day to replenish them. The gardens were beautiful and it was the most relaxing weekend. The owners Jim and Jirapha were so friendly and really cater to the guests. They want to make your stay a memorable one. The Inn Keeper Brenda was outstanding, anytime you called her and or needed anything she would come to room. We are definitely coming back to the best place to stay in Dover.

Room Tip: All rooms are decorated beautifully in Indonesian furniture. The beds were the most comfortable beds i have slept in any hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights, great price for what you receive. It's a beautiful atmosphere and very relaxing ! They have cable, wifi, fridge,microwave huge walk in shower with a bathtub with jets and super comfy beds ! This place is quite and you would never feel like you are located in busy Dover. Decadently going to be back to stay again! Great getaway!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends