All reviews front desk room was clean budget hotel floor lamp plenty of hot water pet friendly hotel extended stay smoking room management needs recommend this hotel continental breakfast fourth floor race weekend checking out a great stay king suite housekeeping staff
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Somehow our reservations got screwed up but Shay got us a room for the same cost as I had booked . Room was clean . Free shuttle to Dover downs . Shay even used her cell phone to take our picture ! Shay was awesome

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
VINAY P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Dover Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dan And Kim,

Your comments about your visit to our Red Roof Inn are very much appreciated. Shay will enjoy reading the compliments you gave her for her services. Please come back for another stay with us whenever you might be returning to Dover,De. Our team loves to see repeat guests.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

After much difficulty finding my hotel, Shay greeted me with a wonderful smile and a positive attitude! Shay was very helpful with suggesting places to eat and things to do. Room was clean and my stay was great! I will definitely be back again!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Shaunnan,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. It is good to know you enjoyed your stay and that our team took good care of you. Shay will appreciate your compliments on her helpful service. Thank you again for your review. Please come back for another stay, very soon

Reviewed 12 October 2018

I called the hotel to get directions, and Shay (receptionist) was very sweet and very helpful! She got me right to the hotel! After I had registered, she offered to help me with my baggage- WOW!! I am handicapped, and travel a lot, but this is the first time the Front Desk ever offered me help. Talk about impressed! Later, after a quite trip outside, my cane was wet, and I almost slipped in the lobby. Shay saw me, and rushed over, insisting to escort me to my room. I mean, really! BEST treatment I have received in AGES. Room is clean and comfortable. Property is clean.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Kww6192018,

Thank you!! For choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write your review. We greatly appreciate your business. Shay will certainly enjoy reading your comments about her customer service. Yes, our Red Roof inn is on Dupont Hwy and we are Less than mile to the Dover down Cussino. Many of our guests comment about how easy it is to walk to everything from our hotel. Please come back for another visit with us if you are returning to Dover.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

I was somewhat disappointed; it's not quite the quality I expect from a Red Roof Inn. There is smoking, all on the fourth floor. There was one lonely bag of chips in the vending machine, and who knows how long it had been around. There were no tissues, and not many towels. Coffeemakers are only in suites and fancier rooms. The shower has NO handrail and no safety strips.

The beds were pretty comfortable.

I do want to give a huge shout out to Shay, who went above and beyond by giving us the names and numbers of her favourite restaurants.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Shay customer service was awesome, she helped us with the details of checking in and check out. The bed was the most comfortable sleeping bed ever. Thanks so much Shay and Red Roof Inn staff. I will definitely be returning when in Dover De again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
VINAY P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Dover Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Dear James,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review about your stay with us. We certainly appreciate the feedback you provide for us. I will share your kind words with my Front Desk clerk Shay. I am glad you enjoyed our bed. We look forward to serving you in the furture.

Thanks Again!