All reviews yogurt third floor top floor side note indoor pool make your own waffles check in was easy front desk staff bed was comfortable plenty of parking excellent stay casino nc thermostat highway
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Our family stayed for 5 days. Not a bad hotel but not great.

The good:
Great location, easy to get to
Regular hotel breakfast, waffle station, oatmeal, microwaved omelets, sometimes fruit.
Beds were super comfy.
TVs are set up with Netflix and Hulu, you just log into your account. That was great to have.

The not so good
The beds are small, really small. Two adults in one bed is super cosy.
The hallways have a weird smell, the stairwells have an atrocious smell. We would hold our breath.
We tried to call the front desk multiple times and it was always busy.
The air conditioner sits less than a foot from the bed. While you are laying in the bed the air is blasting you right in the face.

The hotel has the potential to be much better.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Hubert F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Dover and providing your feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with our hotel management team.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Dover.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

We arrived about 6pm on a Monday. In town for a lacrosse tournament. I’m a Marriott Gold Member and spend about 2 nights a week in a hotel for work. The lobby smells like an indoor pool. The elevator is SUPER slow! We get to our room on the third floor and it is very stuffy. I immediately go looking for the thermostat to lower the temperature for air-conditioning and have to go to the unit under the window in order to change temperature! It’s set on high & 63! No cool air is coming from the unit. I go to the phone and call the front desk and tell them we’re going to need a different room because the air does not work. And the clerk tells me he will bring me a fan they are sold out I said “I’m sorry that won’t work find me another hotel.” He said I’ll call you back! Because I knew I was not staying in that room my daughter and I took our luggage cart and went back down to the lobby where the air conditioning was working! They moved me to another room but of course all of the requests I had entered through the app were not fulfilled extra towels, shampoo and pillows!
The room was very comfortable and the people are very nice here but you can see from my pictures the new carpet and curtains is like lipstick on a pig, you can’t get past the obvious needed updates!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Hubert F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post notes about your stay. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. We have forward your comments to our hotel teams as a teachable moment and for training purposes.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

We stayed here on our way south, the hotel was great, friendly staff, very clean. We checked out the next day and continued on our trip, my wife checked our checking account the next day and noticed that we were charged what appeared to be twice for the room., so she called them, they charged us $125.. to hold the room and then the $112. For the cost of the room, told us it would take 2-10 days to put the $125. Back in our account, they did put it back in there, but beware. Still now that I know they do this I would still stay there again. On a side note, the person that my wife spoke to was very friendly and apologized for any miss understanding.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Hubert F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thank you for staying with us and your review and I take this opportunity to further clarify any misunderstanding. Typically when you present your credit or debit card to check in, we do not charge you but merely authorize a temporary hold on the card for the relevant room & tax plus incidentals. When you check out of the hotel, your bill is settled and that is when your card gets charged and any amount that was authorized in excess of the amount of your actual bill is immediately released by the hotel. However, due to the banking process, working times and policy, if credit card was used, you see the amount back into your account within 24 to 48 hours.If you use a debit card, that hold takes up to 5-7 days by the bank to process the release.
Thank you again for your stay.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I was absolutely blown away with how friendly and welcoming the staff were at this hotel. Many Dover locals aren’t crazy about the crowds that come in for Firefly, but that was not at all the case at the Fairfield. Every single person I encountered was positive. It made my stay extra pleasant.

The suite we were in had two full beds and a separate sitting area. Although it was a somewhat basic room, everything was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was a typical hotel buffet, with some hot foods, yogurt, oatmeal, and fresh fruit. The buffet was kept well stocked and everything was clean and fresh. An easy and quick way to get your day started with plenty of healthy options.

Overall an excellent stay; many thanks to the Fairfield staff.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Hubert F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your honest comments about your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Dover.

Maintaining Marriott's highest standards is our number one priority and we are glad we were able to meet your expectations. I will be sharing your comments with our hotel teams to let them know that their efforts are acknowledged and also as a training tool to further encourage them to continue to deliver great team service.
We do value you and your business and thank you again for your stay. Please visit us again when your travels bring you to the Dover area.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We had a great 3 day stay. The lobby was modern and clean. It looks like it was recently renovated.The staff were the most personable I have ever met. We were greated every time we saw a staff member. Our room was very clean. The beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was great especially the coffee and make your own waffles. The hotel was quiet and there was plenty of parking. We will definitely come back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Hubert F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Guest,
We are delighted to have been your chosen hotel during your recent stay in Dover.

Maintaining Marriott's high standards are our number one priority and we are glad to have been able to meet your expectations. We have shared your comments with our hotel team to let them know that their efforts are acknowledged and as a teachable reminder so we can continue to deliver exceptional service to all our guests.

Thank you for staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Dover and we hope you choose to create more memories with
us whenever your travels bring you back to Dover.