“2 visits”

McGlynns Pub & Restaurant - Dover
Reserve with OpenTable
McGlynns Pub & Restaurant - Dover is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 210 Restaurants in Dover
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Southwestern, Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: King
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I am consolidating my 2 visits in one review. Went to McGlynns on a Monday night which is 1/2 off appetizers and a decent variety of drinks. We had good service even though it was really busy. Went another day during the week and the service and meal was a bit lacking so there is some inconsistency with service. Had an excellent steak sandwich for one meal with the Brussels sprouts. The other meal was the chicken Caesar and it was so / so. Beautiful view of the water and beauty building!

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Party of 6 on a Friday evening. The guys were up for the prime rib special offered that evening. Their servings were reasonably sized but heavily spiced in the "crust". One of our party received the green bean side so heavily peppered as to be unbeatable. Guests who ordered turkey sandwiches were satisfied but one pronounced the accompanying fries "mealy, among the worst ever". I had the strawberry salad with mahi added. While the salad itself was tasty, the fish was dry and nearly tasteless. I did have to request additional dressing as well. We had high hopes but were disappointed. Not bad but nothing to prompt a return.

1  Thank justpeachy48
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Beautiful building right on the water. Greeting was nice. Went for lunch and was seated in a dark corner. Needed iPhone light to see the menu. If you want to have a pleasant conversation with someone it is not the place to be. Acoustics not very good and very loud. For a bar atmosphere at night would be perfect. Food was good. Service was good. Think if to go back would be for a bar drink at night

Reviewed 18 April 2018

We stopped in Dover on our way to Va. Beach. McGlynns was convenient, so we tried it. We both had the beef stew and agreed it was the best ever! Tender beef, wonderful flavor. On the way back the week after our trip we stopped again. Salmon was outstanding. The place is always crowded, so reservations help. Nice atmosphere, good wait staff. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We went here to have dinner with neighbors, who invited us to help as a fundraiser for her organization. There were eight of us, and we couldn't eat together. They only had one large table available, and it was being reserved. Needless to say, that large party never showed. We could have all eaten together, instead of separating us. We didn't realize Wednesday was 'wings' night, and is very popular. My husband had the wings, and said they were good. I had a Cobb salad, and asked them not to put on the olives & avocado. The salad was good, after I took off the olives & avocado. The place was so cold, I had to eat with my coat on, which made it a little uncomfortable. I'm giving it a very good, since we had a nice server, and our food was good, plus we didn't have to wait too long to get our food. If we ever do go back with more than 4 in our party, I now know to make a reservation.

Been to McGlynns Pub & Restaurant - Dover? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK