See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 November 2017

had everything I needed, microwave, refridgerator, close to everything. bed very comfy & firm. had separate sitting area with table and chairs from sleeping area. great selections tv channels, spotlessly clean, a must for me. room temp great. price was only $55/night. could use better/more pillows. location a bit tricky as you can not cross median, but minor issue. staff very friendly and helpful. I stay here every time I am in area (5 times so far) and have never had an issue. Quiet, clean, affordable place to stay. nicely decorated/furnished. I highly recommend and will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2017

We were planning on breaking up our drive to the beach by leaving a day earlier. We booked a non smoking room here ahead of time. Needless to say our room reeked of smoke. We arrived later at night and did not want to disrupt the owner in his apartment. I woke up with a sore throat from breathing the smell. Our door did have a "Non Smoking" sign on it, but I'm sorry, it was horrible. Upon check out, the owner acted put out as if we were disturbing her. It was 9:30 in the morning, and they came to desk in night robe. The only thing I have good to say is the price was decent and the room was spacious. I do not recommend, especially if you are not a smoker.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2017

This hotel is a scam. we had a family emergency and had to cancel within 48 hours. we were told we still had to pay. We looked at our bank statement the next Monday and they had charged us FOUR times. I was n touch with them everyday for TWO weeks. She told me I was a priority but made up an excuse every day as to why she couldn't make it to a bank and get me the money. I finally, after two weeks, called my bank and reported fraudulent charges and they were able to get me my money back. I wish the hotel could have just fixed their own problem.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kyliepie101
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

I've stayed in a few local motels, and decided to look a bit further to try somewhere new. First of all, Tammy was warm and welcoming. She even put me in a suite when she heard that my 7 yr old son was with me. The room was clean and very comfortable. It didn't even feel like we were in a motel. We will definitely return whenever we need a place to stay. Thank you Tammy and Steve for making us feel so at home :)

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2016

It was horrific. First the prices were ridiculous and we weren't offered any military discounts initially (Dover is a military city). Next, our room key didn't work. Then it took 15 minutes to get a new key (keep in my we had driven over 6 hours and were ready to get to sleep especially my four year old). Then there was a light bulb out in the room and they had no light bulbs to replace it. There was no iron in the room, the landline phone was out of order, and there was an annoying fly buzzing about the room. I talked to the manager who refused to lower the rate or comp us a room for the deplorable night's stay. Needless to say, we checked out first thing in the morning. Next time we visit Dover (Christmas), we and our 15 other family members will be driving right past the Relax Inn (which was not relaxing at all), and take our business back to the Dover Downs Suites which offered an excellent military discount with exquisite rooms. Get it together guys. This is poor customer service on every thinkable level.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family