“Nice restaurant with good service.”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #55 of 211 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 25 November 2017

This is a standard Red Lobster a bit less theme decorated than most venues of this chain.The parking is somewhat tricky and you have to enter "around" from the side of shopping center. The building does not have direct access from the highway.
We got seated quickly without reservations.Our waitress was attentive and rather prompt. The food was average but it might be just our selection. My salad was drenched in dressing but it is my fault; somehow I thought the dressing would be on the side. My flounder totally lacked any flavor but presentation was OK . Coleslaw was had an off taste but maybe it was just an innocent preservative. I tend to dislike many of them. Overall it was a positive experience but very average.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Wanted to find a place that offers seafood - found one in the very top class! We were a couple who enjoyed the fairly relaxed atmosphere and very positive service - an absolute must for the next time in Dover!

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

I have eaten at this restaurant a number of times over the past five years. It's a hit-or-miss proposition. Sometimes the food's done right other times it's all wrong. Be specific when you order how you want it cooked and what seasonings you want on it. It's a restaurant but like a short-order cook type of style. You'd be best to go to a regular restaurant at the beach for fresh seafood. If you pick out one of the lobsters in the tank they're usually very delicious and very pricey

Reviewed 7 September 2017

There aren't too many places in Dover you can sit and have drinks(except the casinos). Their drinks were great but I was never a fan of their menu.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I bought the new drink on the menu which our waitress recommended and her selling point was you got to keep the etched crap glass. My drink came in a normal glass when I was finished our waitress Shannon H said she would go wash it, I asked is there not meant to be a crab on it ( as I collect glasses hence why I bought this drink)her reply was it has and you can see it when it's washed and clean, ok I thought, she returned with it in a paper bag. We finished our meal and was quite tasty even though our waitress told me my steak & shrimp came with broccoli and mash perfect I said. When it arrived it was rice and broccoli I just left it as I was hungry. We finished, paid the bill even with the wrong sides I left a 20% tip. On the way to the car I took out the glass, nothing on the glass so it wasn't that it just "needed cleaned" I went back in with the glass and showed the hostess she said that's just a normal glass and went and got me correct glass which you could see the crab clearly with no problem. This really annoyed me and feel our waitress just didn't bother, after that experience not sure if I will be back. We eat out around 2-3 times a week and always like to tip according to the waitress/waiters performance in this instance I feel I over tipped, considering the wrong side and lied about the glass.

Been to Red Lobster? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK