“Dinner”

Ranked #10 of 211 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Where Pigs Fly Celebrated 24 Years In Business On April 19, 2017. Thank You To All Of Our Customers!
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

The place is sooo lovely... very original decoration, the food is good specially the baby ribs...and the girl that attended us as very kind ... the only thing at the end they were too busy cause it became crowdy and then started to screwed up a little bit

Reviewed 6 June 2018

The food was average here but the service was so outstanding and friendly and the atmosphere so pleasant that I am giving 4 stars. Not much else to say, but that the atmosphere and furnishings and decor were considerably above what the normal or average bbq place is and the service was just amazing. It was really fast and super friendly and attentive but never overly so. Overall, we had a very pleasant dining experience here and it was nice to at least taste east coast bbq. I was interested to taste how east coast might differ from midwest and southern which I am super familiar with, and it wasn't a lot different. So for dining in, this is a very nice place. If you're just considering the food though it was average. My pulled pork sandwich was certainly edible and fine, but it wasn't at the level of places I really like such as Joe's of Kansas City (formerly Oklahoma Joe's), Arthur Bryant's or even the Dixie Pig in Blytheville, AR. But, the decor and service made it a really nice dine in experience. Prices were quite reasonable and our total tab for dinner including a beer for my wife ended up being just over $23 before tip. Value is very good--beer was only $5.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

The food was good, the service was very good. Will totally go there again even though it's a drive from Millsboro, DE (my summer home away from home)

Reviewed 23 April 2018

I am giving them 4 stars for the food but 2 stars for the service. Our food was delicious, baby back ribs, fell off the bone, bbq chicken very moist and tender. I would love their cornbread recipe! Our issue was the service. Our waiter, Rob, was a fast talker and never checked back to see how we were doing or refill water glasses. I ordered brisket, came back and told me it was not "ready", I would have to order something different. No problem at all. He pushed Blue Moon as a beverage, told me that as tonights special, Blue Moon came with a complimentary glass. The problem was the billing. He charged us for the (extra)brisket dinner and charged us $1 for the glass. We caught the dinner upcharge but not the glass charge til we got home (2 hours away). I had originally told him that I didn't want the glass. He came back with our leftover package and suggested that since it was already paid for with the drink, I could still take it home.I said okay. Clearly not complimentary if you are going to charge me for it. Its not the dollar but the manner in which it was marketed.

1  Thank em-T-sails
Kelly D, Owner at Where Pigs Fly Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Thank you for choosing to dine at Where Pigs Fly and for taking your time to write a review. I am glad that you enjoyed our food.
I will personally speak to Rob, this is not our policy and I certainly do not approve of this. Honesty is the best policy.
I am very sorry for any inconvenience. I hope that you will visit us again.
You can contact me personally at kdevine430@comcast.net

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Our family loves this restaurant. The food is delicious, atmosphere is fun, and the staff is friendly and attentive. Portions are very generous too! As for the sides, they are all great, but have to say the Mac and cheese is really tasty! Love the hush puppies and slaw too. Got take-out this time and we were so impressed. They pack all parts separately in containers, so your sandwich doesn’t get mushy, and you can assemble when ready. Great idea!

Thank you! I am glad that your family loves Where Pigs Fly. You are why we are in business and celebrating 25 years. That is exactly why we package our to go orders that way; happy to hear that you appreciate the way we prepare it. Make sure that you try our broccoli salad; it is delicious. Have a great day and we hope to see you and your family soon.

Been to Where Pigs Fly Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK