“Very nice and wonderful staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Newark/Christiana Inn

BEST WESTERN PLUS Newark/Christiana Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bear
Bear, Delaware
“Very nice and wonderful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

my fiance and myself had a great time in Bear Delaware race weekend while staying at Best Western. When we first arrived we were kind of confused because we had originally made reservations for an AmericInn and when we arrived it was nowhere around so we went into Best Western and their address was the same as what we made reservations for. They informed us that they took over for AmericInn and when I showed them the reservations they could not find anything on their computer. They were very friendly and helpful, they called the other Hotel chain and got all the information and Best Western gave us a wonderful room. If we are ever in the area again it will definitely be with this Best Western, I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the place, it was clean, and the staff was wonderful. Thanks Best Western

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joan P, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Newark/Christiana Inn, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear Tammy:

Thank you for your compliments regarding your stay with Best Western Plus. I do apologize for the confusion of your reservation and glad everything worked out for the better and you enjoyed you stay and the accommodations.

We hope to see you again soon for the September race. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 302-326-2500x187.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Joan

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

Got a great rate by staying 3 nights through Best Western website. Right on Rt. 40, close to MD. Enjoyed the complimentary breakfast each morning and they even had fresh cookies at the desk at our check-in. Great indoor pool and hot tub, too. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Book through Best Western website.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Joan P, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Newark/Christiana Inn, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear Henry:
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 302-326-2500.

Guests Relations Manager
Shirley, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed one night and were very pleased. It was comfortable and clean. The complimentary breakfast was very nice. If we are in the area again we would stay here.

Room Tip: Our room had 2queen beds with pillow tops and they were very comfortable
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joan P, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Newark/Christiana Inn, responded to this review, 5 June 2012

Guests Relations Manager
reading, pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

We chose this location because we were pleased with recent guest reviews and we needed a pet friendly hotel. The place was very clean and the staff friendly and welcoming. Our room was comfortable and quiet to outside noise and well located for our needs. The complimentary continental breakfast was tasty. We will definitely return when we need to stay in the area again. The rates were very reasonable as well....

Room Tip: Always call the hotel directly for the best rates....
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joan P, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Newark/Christiana Inn, responded to this review, 31 May 2012

Guest Relations Manager
Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

This is long because I want everyone to get a good feel for the way this hotel treats its guests.
The title above is what they told me after the toilet in my room backed up.
Stayed 2 nights and on night #2 the toilet backed up so I called the front desk.
I was informed that there was no one available to fix the problem but if I wanted to I could come down to the front desk and get the plunger (common occurrence maybe?). So for Saturday night we used the lobby bathroom which was super convenient (cough, cough)
Sunday morning I called down to the front desk again to remind them of the toilet issue and could they please send someone to fix it.
AGAIN, I was told I could, this time by a different front desk person, that there was no one available and I could come down and get the plunger. The guy was rude and told me that other guests would come down and get the plunger.

When I asked for a manager l was told that there wasn't one available or on the property either.
We had stuff to do so we left for a # of hours and when we came back the toliet and all its glory was still unplunged and by this time smelling really nice.
We were checking out anyways, so we packed up and I asked that I be comped for the lack of a toliet but was told the best they could do was 20% off.

If you want a hotel but dont need a toilet......this just might be the place for you.

I would NEVER stay here again and I will avoid ALL Best Westerns at ALL costs in my future travels.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here!!! You have been warned! But if you do I recommend a room with a working toilet an...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank oakwood02
Joan P, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Newark/Christiana Inn, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. At the Best Western Plus, we strive to provide our guests with the most comfortable accommodations possible, as well as our best services and amenities. We would like to take the time to apologize for inconvenience your experience with us may have caused and ensure you that your feedback has been heard. Our maintenance staff is working hard at taking the necessary steps towards correcting these issues. Best Western Plus being a limited service hotel we do not offer 24 hour maintenance or housekeeping service. Considering safety of front desk staff we were not able to correct your clogged toilet issue you had experience on your second night.
We appreciate your business as well as your feedback, whether positive or negative, guest comments are the best way for us to make room for growth and improve our service. We thank you again for choosing the Best Western Plus and hope that you will stay with us again so that we can better serve you
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bear
2.9 km away
4.6 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
5.7 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Newark/Christiana Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK