“Great locals bar.”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Blackboard Cafe
Reviewed 6 May 2016

Great locals bar. Super friendly and very funny barkeep. Great selection of beers on tap. Good place to eat and drink solo and meet locals. Very good chicken wings. Easy access and ample parking. Close to the airport hotels for the travelers.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

First off, not sure how this is listed as an attraction, it's just an awful bar with horrible servce. Rude female staff that only pay attention to the male custumers. A friend even admitted he had much better service till I, a female showed up. Run their clocks way fast so deals end early. Music is way to loud, even the younger patrons agree. Their deals aren't worth it, $1 draft is served to you in a dixie cup, and a $10 minimum for your card so if you don't have cash you can't stop for just a drink.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

I visited the place over Thanksgiving weekend and was the safe driver for the rest of my friends. I ordered a club soda charged 2 dollars, asked for a refill and the bartender said we don't do refiils. I was shocked! Who pays over 2 dollars for gun bar soda? I asked to speak with the owner and he said he's never been to a place that serves free refills. REALLY? What a loser. The entire place is a joke and the staff is super rude. Don't bother.

3  Thank n o
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I was charged 15 times the correct amount of my tab - I had ordered 3 dollar draft beers which would be a grand whopping total of $3 and was charged $45.50. I wasn't given my receipt before she just swiped my credit card, making it so I wasn't able to refute the total beforehand.
Apparently the employees will put other peoples drinks/shots on your tab without your knowledge/consent. When the bartender came back with my bill I saw what she had charged me and immediately said something - the girl walked away saying there was nothing they could do.
Absolutely ridiculous.

Trashy bar, trashy and rude staff - definitely not going back and highly not recommend this place to anyone - there are plenty of other fun places to go with nice staff that won't charge you for other peoples drinks.

1  Thank K B
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I tend to go there almost everything Thursday night when they have dollar drafts (a select few). The beer is alright, mixed drinks are good, and the food (I always get the chicken tenders) is always hot. The bartenders are great and manage to keep up with the customer demand. BBC has 2 pool tables, free beer pong and music playing all night with a dance floor where you can let loose. They just updated their lounge area; which is pretty nice. Everything is pretty clean with the bouncers doubling as spot cleaners to take away empty cups. If you're curious and looking for a chill place to hang, I would recommend stopping by.