I stayed at this hotel for a couple of days to be close to the Bradley airport. Everything in the hotel looked brand new and very clean. The king bed room was huge with tons of space and the organization of the furniture (including a good size desk and a comfortable sofa and the location of the full length mirrors) made sense. The bed was soooo comfortable (thick sheets, perfect mattress) and the flat-screen TV was the largest and best quality I've ever seen in a hotel, and what with 60 channels.... I ended up staying the entire first day in bed watching TV! Glad to see lots of electrical outlets and it was great to have a mini-fridge (also a bit larger than the typical hotel fridges with a freezer shelf) and microwave. I wish the bathroom had a fan though. One thing that struck me was how quiet the room was - it was a bit surreal to look out the window and see hurricane Irene blasting by with thundering black clouds and sheets of rain - but in the room I wouldn't have noticed anything. The A/C worked perfectly and didn't make much noise.
As for the rest of the hotel, the reception area is large and comfortable. Breakfast had decent variety, with cold and hot (egg, some kind of meat/s, biscuits) options. The hot cinnamon rolls were the best. One thing you should know is that what is written on the websites sounds grander than reality. For example, the free "business center" is a counter in the reception area with computer and printer, "guest laundry" is a tiny room with just one washer and dryer, "fitness center" was kind of small. But kudos to the hotel for integrating these options. The pool room however was pretty good sized and kids were having a blast. The FREE WIRELESS internet was a major plus. Finally, service was pretty good and the staff responded well to any requests. I also liked that many of the guest amenities rooms (like laundry and fitness center) had motion detected lighting to save electricity. All in all I had a very comfortable time in this hotel. It's not a fancy 5-star hotel, and doesn't have services like a restaurant or room service, but it packs a lot of free options and everything (down to the iron) worked perfectly. It is definitely better than other hotels/motels in its class. I would definitely stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Smart at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Hotel Bradley Airport, we offer comfortable accommodations and great amenities. It is our great location that you will truly appreciate, just one-half mile from Bradley International Airport, we provide free airport shuttle service to and from Bradley International Airport 24-hours a day.The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hotel Bradley Airport is the perfect location for both business and leisure travelers as we are conveniently located in Windsor Locks off Interstate 91, 12 miles North of Hartford, CT and 12 miles South of Springfield, MA. The city of Windsor Locks is ideally situated on the Connecticut River, the largest river in New England. We are minutes from great attractions like Six Flags New England, the Mark Twain House and the Basketball Hall of Fame. A variety of restaurants and cocktail lounges are located in the surrounding area. Visitors will enjoy browsing at the Enfield Square Mall and surrounding shops or 20 minutes to the Shoppes at Buckland Hills. We are conveniently located to the Connecticut corporate offices of Ahlstrom Fiber, Travelers, PPG Auto, Southern Auto Auction, The Morris Group, Alstom Power, Hamilton Sunstrand and United Technologies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Bradley Airport
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport Hotel Windsor Locks
- Holiday Inn Windsor Locks
- Comfort Suites Windsor Locks
- Holiday Inn Bradley Airport