“Great Hotel- Looks New and Comfortable!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of days to be close to the Bradley airport. Everything in the hotel looked brand new and very clean. The king bed room was huge with tons of space and the organization of the furniture (including a good size desk and a comfortable sofa and the location of the full length mirrors) made sense. The bed was soooo comfortable (thick sheets, perfect mattress) and the flat-screen TV was the largest and best quality I've ever seen in a hotel, and what with 60 channels.... I ended up staying the entire first day in bed watching TV! Glad to see lots of electrical outlets and it was great to have a mini-fridge (also a bit larger than the typical hotel fridges with a freezer shelf) and microwave. I wish the bathroom had a fan though. One thing that struck me was how quiet the room was - it was a bit surreal to look out the window and see hurricane Irene blasting by with thundering black clouds and sheets of rain - but in the room I wouldn't have noticed anything. The A/C worked perfectly and didn't make much noise.

As for the rest of the hotel, the reception area is large and comfortable. Breakfast had decent variety, with cold and hot (egg, some kind of meat/s, biscuits) options. The hot cinnamon rolls were the best. One thing you should know is that what is written on the websites sounds grander than reality. For example, the free "business center" is a counter in the reception area with computer and printer, "guest laundry" is a tiny room with just one washer and dryer, "fitness center" was kind of small. But kudos to the hotel for integrating these options. The pool room however was pretty good sized and kids were having a blast. The FREE WIRELESS internet was a major plus. Finally, service was pretty good and the staff responded well to any requests. I also liked that many of the guest amenities rooms (like laundry and fitness center) had motion detected lighting to save electricity. All in all I had a very comfortable time in this hotel. It's not a fancy 5-star hotel, and doesn't have services like a restaurant or room service, but it packs a lot of free options and everything (down to the iron) worked perfectly. It is definitely better than other hotels/motels in its class. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank anonymoustravel
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 August 2011

Ended up staying here for one brief night when our flight at BDL got cancelled. They offer a US AIr distressed traveller rate (which doesn't provide any points though for your Priority Club account). Transportation to and from the hotel is provided by LAZ Fly one of the valet airport parking companies. They'll also drop you off / pick you up from local restaurants as well.

We didn't stay here long. Room was clean and quiet. Left before the breakfast area was setup.

Photos attached.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
HIEBradley, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2011

Thank you so much for sharing your photos and experience here with us! Although your time was short I'm happy that we could impress you!
Sorry that you didn't have the opportunity for our full hot breakfast, I hope that you'll have the chance to enjoy it should you need to stay in the area again.
Regarding your Priority Club Points, I might guess that it was due to the airline paying for the room rather than it being your responsibility. If I am incorrect, please contact me directly here at the hotel via email or phone (hiebradley@gmail.com or 860-386-6300), and I will be sure to correct that mistake. If the airline was paying the room and taxes, unfortunately it does not allow you to receive points on it. I would like to make sure that you receive points though if that is not the case!
Happy Travels, wherever they may lead you.

Kindly,

Kim Hawkes
Director of Sales

Reviewed 4 August 2011

This is a good stopping point, about halfway between Quebec and Washington, DC. The hotel is easy to find. The room was HUGE and slept 6! Large bathroom. Free computer to use in the lobby. The pool is on the small side. The free breakfast, as with all Holiday Inns, leaves something to be desired, with no-name cereals and powdered eggs, but it's better than nothing. Ample free parking. The rates here are probably less than those for hotels in nearby Springfield, Mass. or Hartford, Conn. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
HIEBradley, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

Bon Voyage! We hope that your travels in Quebec were fun and exciting. Thank you so much for the great comments about our hotel. It's wonderful to know that our guests are enjoying all of the highlights of our guest rooms and facilities.
And I also enjoy your candid comments regarding our complimentary hot breakfast. We are required to carry specific breakfast items that are consistent throughout our brand of hotels. I will be certain to share your comments with them, as change can only happen when they are aware a change needs to be made.
Again thank you for taking your time to share your experience with other travelers. We hope that should your travels bring you back through Windsor Locks or to Bradley Airport that you will choose to stay here- we'd love to have you back!

Kind Regards,
The Team at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport

Reviewed 26 July 2011

We had to take an early flight in the morning and choose this hotel for the convenience that they served a breakfast and shuttle service. We got in last Friday and greeted by a very lovely lady who was very helpful in getting us a crib for our 1/12 year old. We got up to our room and within 5 minutes the crib arrived. Very well kept room, plenty of room for our son to run around, and very quiet for a busy area. We decided to try out the pool that night for a little while but was a bit cold for our liking. We did pass a fitness room and it had a few pieces of equipment, not sure if you even need much for traveling. We woke up early and found a delightful variety of breakfast items (muffins, scrambled eggs, toast, pancakes, coffee, sausages, fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc) They also were able to get some whole milk for my son. We finished breakfast and caught the shuttle (small bus style) to the airport. When we returned we didn't even have to call for a shuttle he was already at the airport! Great experience and will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Thank you so much for sharing your experience here with other travelers such as yourselves! We are so please that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.
I also appreciate when travelers let us know where we can improve in areas, and I will certainly pass along to our Engineer your comments regarding the pool temperature. It allows us to know how we can best serve you, our guests, and make sure that you have a great stay.
We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Windsor Locks- Bradley Airport.

Kindly,
The Team at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport

Reviewed 24 July 2011

I checked in late one night (actually early AM) when I was too tired to drive home from Bradley. I asked the clerk for a room in a quiet spot and he found me one. The room far exceeded my expectations - it was beautiful. The bed was very comfortable. I wish I'd had more than a few hours to spend there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
HIEBradley, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2011

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your great experience here with us!
It make us smile to know that you had a wonderful interaction with our Guest Service Members, even though your time here at our hotel was short.
When your travels bring you back this way to Windsor Locks, or Bradley International Airport- please think of us first.
Again, our warmest gratitude for your review.

Kind Regards,