HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Quality Inn(Windsor Locks)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenliving roomsleeper sofasix flags new englandking suitesitting areaextended stayhome away from homehot tubfront desk staffcomfy bedgreat roomcomplimentary breakfastrooms are largethe hotel is cleanhartford areabagels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

"Full kitchens" does not mean ovens. Two burner stove, full sized dishwasher, apartment sized refrigerator and average microwave were all clean and in good repair. For most this is not an issue but I was making brunch when in town for a wedding last weekend. It was an unpleasant surprise.

Bathroom was cleaner than most in this price range and the climate controls were easy to use. Parking is good and it is very close to an interstate exit but tucked off the road so it is quiet. There's no sign except for the Hilton next door so my party got lost.

I have previously stayed here for work so choose familiarity for a personal trip. The front desk staff is courteous and, before my tranportation was sorted out, had made arrangements to pick me up at Bradley very late. I appreciate their quick offer of assistance so suggest calling ahead if you have requests.

There was some noise from uncontrolled children and teens in the hallway as Friday became Saturday. Otherwise, there were no noise issues.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
WHGGuestService, General Manager at HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello and thank you for your comments. Hyatt House as a brand does not have ovens in the rooms, I am very sorry for the confusion. If you ever need help cooking in the future our staff would be more than happy to help by heating something up in our kitchen. I am happy that we were able to pick you up from the airport and offer seamless transitions onto what's next. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance here in the future and we hope to see you soon! Best, Dave Mattesen General Manager

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is my second trip to the Hyatt House Hartford. The front desk staff was very accommodating and helpful at check in but not as much when there was a problem. It might be time for some refreshing in the hotel. The room is adequate (although our sofa had a huge sink whole in one of the pieces which made sitting on it impossible. The grout in the bathroom was dirty and needs to be scrubbed with a brush or something to get rid of the crud. In all the years I have traveled, I have never returned in the evening to shower and prepare for dinner to find that my room was not cleaned until my trip to this hotel. When I called about it, it was made out to be my fault for not putting the refresh sign out. If that is the new policy, then I should have been told about it when I checked in. Then to be astonished that I wanted to have someone come up and get my room in order was something I was unprepared for. We had to move our dinner plans back as the cleaning person had been on her way out the door and stayed to clean our room. I don't understand how the hotel's mistake had to negatively impact my dinner plans. Shouldn't they have brought us clean towels and then waited for us to leave for dinner to clean our room properly? Additionally, there was a dog on our floor that barked for hours at a time. Not sure if I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have been staying here for business purposes and the employees go out of their way to make sure all is good. Breana, who works the front desk, is very friend and always making sure we are cared for during our stay. We hang out a lot in the evening at the local bar/diner area and Cindy is always there to make sure we have company while never forgetting the exceptional service! Thanks ladies for all you do while the majority of us are away from home for some time. You all make it our home away from home..:)!!!

1  Thank joshr1777
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Staff is amazing, Brianna and Cindy at front desk treat you as family. The rooms are clean and big, great kitchen. This place is great. The shuttle service was extremely helpful and I'd recommend to anyone.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 10 March 2018

Clean, quiet, comfortable, great free breakfast, really friendly staff, good wifi, nice workout facilities, and good price. Those are all things that are important to me. I was only there a couple of days so cannot comment on eating options in the area.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
WHGGuestService, General Manager at HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for the kind words regarding your stay. I will be sure to share them with the staff! They pride themselves on delivering a clean product and superior customer service. They will be thrilled when they see this. Thanks again, look forward to hosting your next stay in the area.

Best,