“good food, poor service”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #40 of 77 Restaurants in Wethersfield
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Food was very good, but service was slow and almost non-existent. I had the crab on fetticini with plenty of crab. My wife had the grilled salmon which also was very good.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This does the trick if you are willing to settle for OK. It was not bad, just ok, and nothing to be excited about. Our waitress tried, but seemed anxious and never cracked a smile.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

We hadn’t been to a Red Lobster in years but someone gave us a gift card so we went for lunch on 08-23-17. My husband ordered fried calamari and the Admiral’s Platter with a Caesar salad. I ordered a shrimp cocktail and a fried shrimp dinner with a Caesar salad. My shrimp cocktail was excellent. I got 6 jumbo shrimp that were served in a huge martini glass filled with shaved ice. They were fresh and crispy, not at all mushy. My husband’s calamari, on the other hand, were not good at all. When the waitress put the plate down I thought that she had made a mistake with his order. They didn’t look like calamari at all. They actually looked like popcorn shrimp. They were these little blobs of very heavy breading that had a sweet taste. I only had a couple of them. You couldn’t even tell that they were rings. They were that bad. My husband’s dinner arrived with fried fish, shrimp, bay scallops, clam strips and french fries. I didn’t try anything on his plate but he said that all the seafood had the exact same breading on it so it all tasted the same. It did not look at all appealing. My fried shrimp wound up being the same. Even the tartar sauce was not good. It had chunks of carrots or red pepper in it and it tasted a bit like cole slaw. The best things that we ate that day were our Caesar salads which were served in ice-cold bowls with just the right amount of dressing, shaved parmesan cheese and crispy croutons, followed by the shrimp cocktail. Now I remember why we stopped going to Red Lobster. We like fried seafood and all of the fried seafood there tastes the same because they use the exact same breading on all of it. My recommendation, if you go to a Red Lobster at all, is to stick with seafood that is either boiled, grilled, or broiled. Definitely stay away from the fried seafood. Also, this was not a cheap meal. The total with tip was $79.51 with 2 sodas and no dessert. I don’t think that we will be going back for long, long time.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

They match every taste, even burgers!
I got shrimp tacos this day at the lunch menu, but came with seasoned rice and filled me up.
My colleagues got shrimp trio, beautiful dishes!
Judy took good care of us.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

We had such delicious meals this past weekend at Red Lobster! We snagged some seats in the bar and the bartender's were very attentive even though they were making drinks nonstop! Our go to place for special occasions or if we're just in the mood for seafood. Always more than enough food served. Yummy!