“Excellent lunch buffet”

Ranked #7 of 78 Restaurants in Wethersfield
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We were in the area and thought we would try their lunch buffet. Excellent!! Everything was fresh and very tasty. Loved the rice pudding. Service was very good also.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We've eaten in and gotten take out here a bunch of times.

Pros: Very nice atmosphere, lunch buffet, varying spice levels available (mild, medium spicy or spicy), the take out containers are so good we keep them and use them for other purposes, the chicken tikka masala is really great, nice warm Naan.

Cons: Can't think of any!!

Reviewed 9 June 2017

I am a frequent customer and have recommended this restaurant to many friends because of their incredible food and good service over the years. Tonight I had an online order of a dish and paid extra to have it made with lamb. When I got home I found out they had made it with chicken instead, which was first, cheaper on the menu, second, was made of chicken breast, in which we are not too fond of. I called them to let them know their mistake. The person on the phone got defensive and told me in his words "Our kitchen will never made mistake like this!" and insisted that they gave me lamb. O wow, was he calling me a liar? Pretty sure I can tell chicken from lamb.

The manager (Praveen?) later came to the phone, was apologetic and offered me a credit on my next visit. I doubt I will claim the couple dollars if I visit again, but tonight's service left a bad taste in my mouth.

4  Thank noemails123
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Utsav Restaurant is, to me, one of the special places in the world. Fortunately for me, it's only about 15 minutes from the house, but quite honestly I would drive an hour to dine there. First off, the menu is HUGE. I mean seriously extensive. This is no mere family restaurant where the chef hammers out the standard 10-15 dishes for patrons. Utsav is a place where you could seriously get lost in the menu options, over many, many visits. Personally, I have trouble "straying" from some of my favorites, but the overall point is that you can go back many times to Utsav and never run out of options. The drinks are outstanding too. There are several "specialty" drinks that you won't find elsewhere, such as the "Nashilissi" (A peachy-flavored vodka drink that has sweet yogurt in it I believe) You have to trust in your masculinity to order that one... but I get it nearly every time I go. Awesome cocktail!

The service at Utsav is another aspect that truly stands out. From the moment you walk in, until you leave, you feel you are the center of attention for whichever waiter is helping you. Water is refreshed effortlessly, timing is never rushed at all, and menu selections can be inquired about without fear of judgment. Waitstaff will also help you choose a dish that fits your personal "spice level", which can be a wonderful life-saver if you want to try Utsav but are afraid of extra-hot cuisine. (There are some wonderful Indian dishes that are not overly "hot") Finally, when you are ready to leave, hot hand-towels are delivered to the table for refreshing yourself.

This place is a true jewel. It has nearly everything I look for in a great restaurant: wide-ranging menu, great cooking and flavors, a non-judgmental and non-hurried atmosphere, fair pricing, and exceptional service.

Give Utsav a try. You won't be disappointed!

2  Thank bosigns
Reviewed 7 March 2017

It's been a long time since I've had been to a restaurant where none of the items disappointed me.. if you want fully satiated at heart and ur stomach with Indian food, this is one of the best choices. Great experience!!

Pravin D, Owner at Utsav Indian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

When it comes to Indian food, satisfying your heart is just as important as satisfying your stomach. Thanks for letting me know how your visit went, Arun. Hope to see you again real soon.

Till then,