See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 July 2016

We stayed at the Chester Bulkley House for our anniversary and had a wonderful weekend away. The breakfasts were great and plentiful, savory one morning and sweet the next, recipes made with new twists on old favorites. The Inn Keeper made great suggestions on what to see and do - it was our first visit to Old Wethersfield. We spent most of the weekend taking walks, and this place is located perfectly for walking the Village. Lovely town, lovely home, a great trip overall. Exactly what we hoped for and expected.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2015

Strategically located , though a bit pricey to my mind. The breakfast was very good though not extensive and nicely presented The decor is very Victorian , which means crowded with nic nacs. The room was quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2015

The Chester Buckley Home is a lovely home chock-a-block full of Victorian furnishings. Our daughter was married at the historic Webb Barn just across the street so I suggested to two friends without cars that they stay at the B and B. From it, they could visit beautiful old Wethersfield and could, the next day, walk to the wedding venue. It was so convenient and so lovely that I got a third room for my daughter and her bridesmaids to use pre-ceremony. The innkeeper was totally accommodating having a bride and 6 bridesmaids go up and down the stairs. I slept in that room that night....very comfortable. A friend from CA found the B and B too cool for her liking especially for showers and felt the breakfast was less hearty than she has had in other B and B's. My friend from N.C. felt everything was perfect. I found the room and setting fabulous but do agree that the breakfast was a bit less than I have had elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2014

This historic home is situated in a lovely colonial town. The feather quilt and pillows were appreciated, since the heat was not yet furnished and we had a very cool, crisp night. The inn keeper prepared a delicious breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We are two couples that stayed for one night. Both of our bedrooms were lovely, clean, quiet and warm with comfortable beds.

The house is beautiful with lost of charm and many pretty things and artwork. It is very old and the floors are uneven, but to me that's part of the charm.

Breakfast was delicious and expertly served. But there is no carafe of coffee available for self serve in the morning.

The innkeeper is more reserved than most but not unfriendly.

I was disappointed that no refreshments were served as they have been in every other b&b I've ever stayed at. I even called to request cookies, tea and coffee or something since we had a very late restaurant reservation and was told we could bring our own. I was kind of shocked by that.

I don't know if wireless access is available as he did not tell us and I didn't ask but I was fine with it because internet was unimportant to me.

We did enjoy our stay and we will definitely be back. Rates are extremely reasonable and in line with the lack of direct personal service.

Some people like a lot of contact and conversation with the innkeeper and some do not. If you are one of those who do, this is not the B&B for you.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple