“Great menu and cozy fireplace”
Review of Tavern on Main

Tavern on Main
Ranked #17 of 180 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Really top notch place for lunch. Soups, burgers, sandwiches were outstanding. Really expertly prepared with fresh, quality ingredients. Went on a Sunday with brunch menu- highly recommend breakfast burger and French toast. Room off bar has nice fireplace to warm you up.

1  Thank maggieman

Reviewed 18 December 2017

Building is lovely, old, rustic. the food was good. The ambience was excellent. Gr e at service and bar. The atmosphere is quite special.

1  Thank katsalmond888888
Reviewed 24 November 2017

An overall dreadful restaurant experience.Todays price fixed Thanksgiving dinner produced this very rare negative review. If a restaurant can't tun out a good traditional Thanksgiving dinner they shouldn't try. Todays quite expensive turkey dinner consisted of tough tasteless turkey, uninspired stuffing, bland mashed potatoes and nondescript cranberry sauce. The service was competent although they apparently don't know how to bring clean silverware between courses.
This restaurant has been in Westport for a long time and I wonder if this is a onetime aberration or a downward trend. Be wary.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

My wife and I stopped in here for dinner after a brief shopping spree on a VERy rainy and windy day. We were welcomed by a warm atmosphere and an equally welcoming waiter. We were seated at a raised table by the window, which added to the ambiance that included great music (Frank Sinatra channel on Pandora) and a view of the nasty storm while being sheltered from the elements.
As for the food and wine, my wife had the short ribs (HIGHLY recommend) and I had the NY Strip. We each had a glass of premium wine (Sterling Cellars and Cline) to pair with our delicious meals. We later ordered a piece of banana cream pie, which we shared, and coffee/cappuccino.
All in all, it was a great place to shelter from the storm, with great service and very good fare combined!

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Walking in I was pumped as the cozy bar area looked so inviting. And, to give the bartender a thumbs up I have to say he made a fantastic martini! The ambiance in the dining area is very nice. Unfortunately that is where the kudos stop! Service was less then stellar, perhaps they didn't appreciate a child in the party? The food was the biggest disappointment of all. The fish I ordered was rubbery at best, flatbread was horrible and the broccoli charred side was cold. Given the location we really expected better. I'll not be returning!