All reviews long island sound low tide edge resort cocktail hour outdoor pool li sound water view main restaurant beautiful property spa services lobster roll timeshare units new england brunch loft ct tracy
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

I’m not very happy about this hotel services and their way they treated their customers (very rude staff and the manager are careless about the customer’s complain). If it wasn’t for a wedding I’m sorry this hotel will not be in my option.
1) This Hotel has so many kids and the entire pool is occupied by kids. If you’re looking to relax, you better off finding somewhere else.
2) I showed super early (11am) and hoping to checkin a little early because our rehearsal is around 4:30pm and I wanted to have enough time to get ready (Their check-in time is at 3pm, this is not a normal checkin hour for most hotels). Unfortunately they told us they can try to have us checkin early. I came back 4th times, nothing. Also came a little after 3pm to check in. Still nothing.
4) I finally checked in and realized they gave us the wrong room. I came back to the front desk and spoke to one of their managers. She gave us the attitude, so then I call their customer service to ask them to direct me to a different manager, She tried to avoid to direct me to their manager. I finally spoke to their manager and told him about how their staff treated us and we had the wrong suite. Their manager promised to do something about the room, one day passed by and I haven’t hear anything from their manager. Because I was very busy with the wedding and didn’t really had the time to speak to them so we just took whatever we had but I really think this hotel has poor customer service and they careless about fixing their issues.
5) Their staff are not being trained to familiar with the direction to different Villas in the hotel and they aren’t that many here. I asked 3 staffs how to get to our friend’s Villa, they kept directing me to different staffs.
6) The drinks are terrible. We ordered a few drinks at the bar by the beach and all they did was filled up the cups with ice (FULL CUP OF ICE).
4) room service are crumbly, they push their carts and hitting every corners in the hotel.

This hotel is incredibly expensive (we paid a little over $600 for 2 nights) but they are not very professional on their business. This is the first and the last time I’m staying at this hotel. I will not recommend this hotel to any of my friends and I’ll make sure the bride and the broom aware of these issues to avoid recommend their friends to have their wedding here.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Vicky T
Peter B, General Manager at Water's Edge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Our regrets for the difficulties you encountered during your stay. Please know we will addressing the issues you mentioned and will be better for it. Allow us and opportunity to be your host this fall, so we may atone for the missteps you face. Please reach out to ma and I"ll personal handle your agenda.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had chosen this resort online for our 1 year Anniversary. We waited a while on line to get checked in. When we finally got to the counter I asked the woman about a possible upgrade that our package when booked had mentioned "upon availability" she told me there was nothing available except for a 3 bedroom suite which would cost an additional $400 a night. Declining, we went off to our room. On the way I realized she hadn't given us any information on the facilities, restaurants etc...Walking to our room (which was located in the main building) was like walking in a doll house, the hallway seemed endless and the hall was getting very narrow. The room was #301 which was right upstairs from all the noise of the dining room and so small I felt claustraphobeic. The view was obstructed by both sides of the building and I felt trapped. We went back down to the front desk and thankfully was taken care of by an angel, a girl named Kassandra. She explained that an upgrade should have been applied at time of check in and moved us over to a King Junior Deluxe (or something) over in the library where we were MUCH happier! She also explained about the $100 credit, the breakfast buffet which was in our package and we cant thank her enough! With that being said, the building was very hot, the ice machine was out of service and we heard nothing but the kids running around upstairs day and night. We went to the indoor pool and hot tub where the water fountain was out of service, most things were outdated, old and rusty in this area. We went to the outside pool which was super overcrowded, only one chair to put our things down and very overcrowded with little kids. When we entered, we still had our wet towels from the indoor pool. I asked at the little outdoor desk for a fresh towel and was told that they had none left. When we left the outside pool area and headed back to our room we were asked for the beach towels back...which I had wrapped around my wet bathing suit and refused to return at that moment. With the price of the rooms, they really need to invest in some more towels for sure! You were not allowed to being any outside food or drink basically anywhere outside of your room and no coolers to the beach. The food at the resorr was OK, and the service was horrible, grown women fighting over tables. Oh I forgot to mention that our room was never turned down at night and our bed was never made in the morning! Also, on Sunday we tried to make appointments for massages on Monday and could only get a 10am 60min. We were hoping for something a bit later (after all, we are on vacation and would like to sleep in) and 80mins which we were told they had none of. Although we took it upon ourselves to have a great anniversary and enjoy our tim despite all the non sense, I am leaving this review for other people in our situation trying to book from online based upon reviews. We are both in our mid 30s and this resort was not really great for us.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ainslee D
Peter B, General Manager at Water's Edge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Thank you for your note. We regret the issues you encountered and have addressed each department regarding their deficiencies. Please accept my invitation to return as my guest for an overnight and dinner this fall.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel location and grounds are beautiful and reminded us of a scene reminiscent of The Great Gatsby. Our room was spacious, clean and well equipped for our family of four (kids aged 13 & 11). The private beach was cramped but I suppose that should be expected in August.
The reception staff were efficient but not particularly personable on either arrival or departure. We were given our room key card and no other information about the hotel facilities, bar, restaurant, etc., therefore we didn't feel inclined to use them. Another guest recommended getting food from Westbrook Pizza across the hotel car park, which was delicious and a fraction of the price of eating in the hotel.
Ultimately the setting lived up to expectations but the aloof atmosphere in the hotel let it down.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments- We hope to have you return as our guest and we promise to provide better service.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

Please know this review is written by the father of a bride married on August 18, 2018 with reception held at the Water’s Edge. I travel extensively and visit many of the top resorts in the nation each year. I find myself too busy to write reviews, but felt this was important. My wife and I lived in SE CT for several years prior to moving to Florida and have had many great experiences at the Water’s Edge. We were initially very happy our daughter and her now husband selected the Water’s Edge. Since their decision, our satisfaction has grown. I credit much of this to the hard work and effort of Kate Layman our primary contact throughout the process. The extra effort of the staff in planning phases, in particular Kate was exceptional. She is the kind of person I would personally hire, recommend to others, and trust with anything important.

I am writing this the Wednesday after the wedding as we have heard from many guests. Overall, everyone was extremely happy. Many guests said it was the best or one the best weddings they ever attended. However, a weather related event caused some minor disappointment which I will address later in this writing.

We worked with Kate and her catering and wedding planning staff for many months, they were very patient and accommodating. In addition to Kate and her staff, the front desk staff, bell, and housekeeping staffs were excellent.

The front desk staff (Mangers Tracey and Kate) as well as several others Ben, Kassandra, Morgan, etc. were great. They were very helpful in managing our room block, and our constant changing, updating, etc. We had over 100 guests stay at the Water’s Edge overnight for one, two, three, and even four nights. Many of these guests, family members, and friends, gave us positive feedback on their stays. Two guests had to wait a little for their rooms to be readied, we hosted them in our villa while the staff expedited the rooms and communicated with them. This was a minor issue. It is impossible to turn over an entire property in such a short window. It seemed there were a high ratio of later check outs and early checking happening. As a former hotel executive, I know how this can cause strain on the housekeeping staff, but must say they were excellent.

On the Thursday before the wedding we met with Kate and Jess from her staff to go over final details, deliver some decorations and accessories, and go over some special requests which were all handled wonderfully.

This event was not without incident, but the incident was an act of God and Mother Nature. The outdoor cocktail hour was planned from 5:00 – 6:00 and weather reports had indicated a high probability of thunder showers. We were all fully aware of this. Kate Layman strongly suggested we consider relocating the cocktail hour indoors. We listened, but assumed the risk of weather impacting the cocktail hour. The skies opened with 20 -25 minutes remaining in the cocktail hour. It was impossible to move everything indoors and resume service inside in such a short window. We were warned of this ahead of time and WE MADE THE DECISION to stay the course outside. I actually felt bad for the staff who hung in there until the rain started and got soaked in the process. However, all the guests were able to get under cover without getting wet.

I felt the cocktail reception including bar service, passed Hors d’oeuvres, cheese display, and raw bar were all exactly what we ordered and executed perfectly. This service was shortened due to rain, but once again this was our call. Kate and her staff scrambled and the bridal party was provided a private room to gather and service in this room was continued for the bridal party. Frank from the staff was exceptionally helpful to the bridal party. Unfortunately, the staff could not be in three places at once and there was a slight delay for 15 or 20 minutes between the downpour, moving inside, and the indoor reception opening for guests. This could have been prevented if we took Kate’s advice.

Dinner was excellent. Service was excellent. The wedding cake was terrific. Bar service all night was terrific as well.

I highly recommend this venue, Kate Layman and her staff.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Peter B, General Manager at Water's Edge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Thank you very much for your kind words- It was an honor to be a part of your daughters special day- Please know we take hosting weddings very seriously and appreciate all you said.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 20 August 2018

I've been going to Water's Edge for years.
Unfortunately, this last time I went for the brunch, I got very sick.

I also threw up more than once starting about 61/2 hours after I ate there. I had no other food all day. So I know it's their food that made me so sick.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank ctmoi
Peter B, Managing Director at Water's Edge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Ctmoi,

We are so saddened to hear that your time at Water's Edge was not in keeping with your past visits with us. I will pass this information along to our culinary team to better improve and train our staff in the future.

Please feel free to reach out to me personally about your experience at Brunch with us.

We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Peter Bonell