“Best breakfast!”

Turtle Cafe
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Westbrook
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 15
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Operated by Culinary Chefs offering traditional American, gourmet, and international breakfast and lunch.
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We often visit the Turtle Cafe for a scrumptious breakfast! Crepes, frittatas or anything else are all delicious. You can watch Ricky cook as you wait for your order- he's a master!

Reviewed 13 April 2018

This is a small place, tucked away comfortably on the corner. Thought I'd stop in for some coffee and was greeted at the door by a friendly waitress. After looking at the menu and specials board I decided to try the Salmon Frittata. Why not, coffee was good. Food came out shortly, along with a refill of fresh hot coffee. AMAZING...I am thoroughly pleased but disappointed that the diner in my town doesn't serve this good of a breakfast. Another reason to visit the shoreline!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Quick, yummy breakfast before we got on our way for the day. It's very small and was full of locals when we were there.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Everyone who was having their breakfast/lunch/brunch was so content. I have never heard so many complements thrown at two short-order cooks in their tiny space behind the counter, in this small, narrow restaurant, (probably the width of a train car, and no longer) with one row of tables, opposite and parallel to a lunch counter, with a sunny entrance and the frenetic bustle of 3 waitresses running around meeting everyone's needs.

A little gem on this Sunday around noon, when they close at one.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Hard to choose between 4 or 5 stars. The food was excellent. I even enjoyed the coffee. The menu and specials offered so many unique combinations- which I love in a restaurant, and it's especially tricky in a breakfast place.
My husband created his own omelette, which he loved. I opted for salmon crepes...stuffed with scrambled eggs, salmon, and just the right amount of lightly sauteed onions. I did not realize it came with greens..nice...but they were doused in Italian dressing...which was a bummer.
I am not a "diner snob", but the decor and menu and prices are upscale...with a visible grill, including trays of hash, hand scooped onto the grill. Fine if I chose a diner...less okay at $10/ plate for an eclectic menu.
So food- terrific! Dining experience...4 stars.