“Glad we stopped”

Ranked #31 of 198 Restaurants in West Hartford
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

After a day of travel and visiting sites we decided to go to Effie's. It sounded cute and I had nieces with me that wanted to try something new. Effie's didn't turn out to be cute, but we were glad we stopped.

Effie's is a diner with a wide selection of food including some great comfort dishes. There are a number of Greek offerings as well as American dishes. We went in at 12:30 and I had one niece order an omelette, another a Reuben, and I ordered a Greek Sampler. We all loved our meals. Their was a variety of breakfast offerings and the veggie omelette was perfect for a hungry 14 year old. The Reuben was raved about by the 13 year old who commented about how good it was throughout the meal. She ordered a corned beef Reuben, but pastrami ones are offered also. I loved the Greek Sampler. I was especially pleased with the hummus which I believe was home made; both the texture and taste made it the best I've ever had.

The service at Effie's was very good. In addition to our waitress, there were two other wait staff members who filled water glasses and coffee cups. It was nice not having to track someone down.

We enjoyed Effie's and recommend it for a good meal.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

First timer the staff and food were excellent.Very clean and friendly. Service was fast and the food was well done.They serve breakfast all day. A wide slection of food and potions and prices was very good .Will go again and try the dinners. They also make their own pies. A very family friendly place

Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

I visited this popular diner-type restaurant for the first time. I went on a snowy morning for breakfast. What a lovely place. Neat and clean. Exceptionally friendly and efficient staff. I was treated like an old friend and long time regular. The service was incredibly fast and the food was hot and tasty. I will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Effie's is a Greek diner type place with lots of good Greek Food. I had a platter with falafel, hummus, babaganoush, and tabbouleh. There are lots of other good choices and some very yummy desserts including baklava.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

My husband 's aunt recommended this restaurant. Four of us went for supper on a Saturday night. Our meals included a Cobb salad, and chicken pita, baked scroll and a turkey dinner. All were very good as was the chocolate pie we had for dessert. It is not that large of a place and seems rather cramped. There is nothing fancy here but 5he food was delicious.