“Delicious”

Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Set in the very center of the West Hartford shopping and restaurant district, Barcelona is located on Farmington Avenue amid plenty of convenient parking. Inside the main dining room, dramatic artwork accents the walnut and industrial design of the room. Above this room is a private wine room seating up to 14 people for intimate affairs. For private parties, the private dining room can accommodate 60-80 people. The outside patio has a radiant-heated floor and its retractable awning encloses the area allowing for the space to be utilized all year. West Hartford is a restaurant mecca for the center of Connecticut and Barcelona is the Hartford Courant's 4-star choice for the best of the best.
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch to Barcelona today and it was excellent. They have the best tapas. The food is very flavorful, the portions are great, service is excellent. Jake was our server and was amazing. Jake us great suggestions, thoroughly explained the entrees, gave great gluten free suggestions, and had a great personality. The meat board is the best!! Great drinks as well.

We highly recommend Barcelona you will not be disappointed. Great atmosphere as well.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Even with reservations there is wait. And then there is wait for your meals. And if they can’t get it right there is even more of wait so,if you have medical needs that require you to eat at certain times. Stay away from here. Because you might be the one whose meal doesn’t come. Then They try to appease you with items that you can’t eat. Pricey menu that’s it for me

Alexandra H, General Manager at Barcelona West Hartford, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Hello,

Thank you so much for joining us last weekend and for taking the time to let us know about your poor experience. I am so sorry- it sounds like we really dropped the ball. While waits at the door are sometimes hard to avoid on weekend nights, we should have handled your party with extra care knowing that you were not seated on time. I would love to have the chance to get you back in here to restore your faith in us. Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience to let me know when you would like to return so that I can show you the stellar experience we demand for our guests. My email address is ahayden@barcelonawinebar.com and you can reach me at the restaurant at 860.218.2100.

I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,
Alex Hayden
General Manager.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

This is always one of my favorite places to visit when I'm home. It's a great place for groups to be able to try lots of different small bites. This past visit we shared beef cheeks, grilled octopus, chickpeas and spinach, empanadas and meatballs.

1  Thank stephanieschwartz15
Reviewed 17 February 2018

I enjoy Barcelona for two things: ambiance and good food. The menu is tapas (small dishes) format, typically from Spain. Very good wine list (Sunday 50% off) and ample selection of tapas (both vegetarian and meat). I will definitely go back if I am in town

Reviewed 14 February 2018

I came here with some coworkers for dinner/happy hour and was so excited to see all the options for tapas. I found parking right behind the restaurant and got a table at the bar easily. The prices were good for happy hour, some apps for $3 and sangria for $4.50. The servers were also extremely attentive and the food was delicious. Highly recommended!