“Beautiful decor, good food and ample seating for large groups!”
Review of Shish Kebab House

Shish Kebab House
Ranked #16 of 201 Restaurants in West Hartford
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 December 2017

We were 8 of us on Saturday and came here for dinner. Beautifully decorated place with ample space for couples as well as large groups and families. Service was very friendly and attentive. Overall place was very clean although bathrooms a tad old.

Between the 8 of us we shared:

Appetizers:
- Mantoo
- Bowlani
- Pakawra

All great taste though too little to be shared.

Mains:
- Veg dinner with different combinations so we got to try spinach, mushrooms, eggplant, potato and pumpkin. All veggies were really good.
- Kabuli Palow with lamb and pumpkin. This was good but tad expensive for my opinion. I didn't quite enjoy the lamb though my husband liked it.
- Chicken kebab with choice of rice and spinach. This was really good. Loved the chicken.

Food overall was good and quite light. The baklava was a mistake at the end. Dry and no taste. That was quite sad :(

But overall, good experience in a large group. Place was packed after 7pm.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

We will have to go back and try the food, but we went after dinner to enjoy some hookah lounge atmosphere and enjoyed it thoroughly. They have a very comfortable area on the second floor dedicated to hookah. People are quiet and respectful, there are comfy chais and couches making it a very relaxing part of your evening.

We will definitely go back !

Reviewed 6 October 2017

My daughter and I went in for a quick, late lunch. The menu is not extensive, but there's enough on it to have some variety. We both had, not surprisingly, shish kebab--she had the chicken, I ordered the lamb. They came with rice and a vegetable. We both had the spinach rice and mushrooms on the side. The rice was tender and flavorful, the mushrooms were cooked in tomatoes and spices and were excellent. The kebabs--four decent-sized pieces of meat on a bed of lettuce--were not overly generous, but all in all the meal was just right for a lunch. My lamb was tender and tasty and my daughter thought that the chicken was good as well. The meal was just spicy enough so that you could feel it for a while afterwards, but it was not at all overpowering. The prices are quite reasonable. They have a few tables outside for the nice weather. We sat at some tables next to the bar (the prices seemed very reasonable, although we didn't have drinks), and they have an upstairs dining room as well. Service was prompt and pleasant.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

A group of 8 ladies had dinner. Our waiter suggested a buffet of appetizers and entrees. I ate dishes I did not think I would like and found myself taking notes so that if I went back I could order those items that interested me. A very lovel restaurant, staff and food.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

This restaurant has delicious, fresh food. The portions are generous - I had to take some of mine home. Everything was cooked perfectly. The service was good and the atmosphere was very nice. I cannot believe how big this place is! I will go back.