“Great for a quick lunch”
Review of Shish Kebab House

Shish Kebab House
Ranked #16 of 181 Restaurants in West Hartford
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2017

My daughter and I went in for a quick, late lunch. The menu is not extensive, but there's enough on it to have some variety. We both had, not surprisingly, shish kebab--she had the chicken, I ordered the lamb. They came with rice and a vegetable. We both had the spinach rice and mushrooms on the side. The rice was tender and flavorful, the mushrooms were cooked in tomatoes and spices and were excellent. The kebabs--four decent-sized pieces of meat on a bed of lettuce--were not overly generous, but all in all the meal was just right for a lunch. My lamb was tender and tasty and my daughter thought that the chicken was good as well. The meal was just spicy enough so that you could feel it for a while afterwards, but it was not at all overpowering. The prices are quite reasonable. They have a few tables outside for the nice weather. We sat at some tables next to the bar (the prices seemed very reasonable, although we didn't have drinks), and they have an upstairs dining room as well. Service was prompt and pleasant.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

A group of 8 ladies had dinner. Our waiter suggested a buffet of appetizers and entrees. I ate dishes I did not think I would like and found myself taking notes so that if I went back I could order those items that interested me. A very lovel restaurant, staff and food.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

This restaurant has delicious, fresh food. The portions are generous - I had to take some of mine home. Everything was cooked perfectly. The service was good and the atmosphere was very nice. I cannot believe how big this place is! I will go back.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Went twice in three weeks, once as a couple, and the other time with a group of 6. Terrific, attentive service both times. Not a place to go if you're in a hurry - the service is prompt, but everything is cooked to order and takes time. Everything comes out at just the right temperature - cold if appropriate and piping ho for heated foods. Appetizers are especially yummy - consider several appetizers for dinner. Lamb is terrific

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

It was jammed because their happy hour is excellent and goes until 7. So I sat outside on their patio on a glorious evening after a day of drizzle. Had my usual eggplant and Pino served by Jackie, one of their awesome bartenders. So great!