“Nice rooftop but”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Recently had a late lunch here on a beautiful Sunday. The rooftop was perfect for the weather and the view. The service was not great- condiments we asked for never arrived, water we asked for when we ordered came halfway through the meal, had to wait for the check and it was not overly busy.
The food was good, but nothing special. We had French Toast and a veggie burger.
I would come back here again for drinks and to sit outside but with so many other great options, I'd go somewhere else first for food.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

I've been eating at the Elbow Room for years. I usually can't pass up their Pot Roast with Mashed Potatoes and Mixed Veggie. I also go with my grandchildren for a special chocolate fondue treat. I love the hot biscuits with lots of butter.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

The elbow room is a busy local hot spot on Farmington Ave. The menu is large but classic american food. Their rooftop bar is a popular spot, but small. Service needs improving. We were told there were no table on the rooftop, but we walked up anyways and there was plenty of room. Sat at a table and was there for over an hour and nobody ever came to serve us. We got our own drinks at the bar and never ordered food. Servers need to be more attentive. Not sure if we'll return.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

The Elbow Room is consistently satisfying. Met a dear friend for a light early supper. Sat outside for most of the lovely evening until it began to hail. Then moved inside. Good service, good food, great friend- it doesn't get better

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We went here on a nice day for the rooftop. The special dish came with rancid fruit on it which we sent back and replaced with the cobb salad. It took nearly 25 mins for the cobb salad to come at which point one of us was already done. We spoke with the owner who couldn't have cared less. Poorly tun establishment and the rooftop is not worth the poor service and uncaring management. I would give this NO stars if I could.