“Local hot spot.. Busy but needs better service”
Review of The Elbow Room

The Elbow Room
Ranked #114 of 192 Restaurants in West Hartford
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2017

The elbow room is a busy local hot spot on Farmington Ave. The menu is large but classic american food. Their rooftop bar is a popular spot, but small. Service needs improving. We were told there were no table on the rooftop, but we walked up anyways and there was plenty of room. Sat at a table and was there for over an hour and nobody ever came to serve us. We got our own drinks at the bar and never ordered food. Servers need to be more attentive. Not sure if we'll return.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

The Elbow Room is consistently satisfying. Met a dear friend for a light early supper. Sat outside for most of the lovely evening until it began to hail. Then moved inside. Good service, good food, great friend- it doesn't get better

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We went here on a nice day for the rooftop. The special dish came with rancid fruit on it which we sent back and replaced with the cobb salad. It took nearly 25 mins for the cobb salad to come at which point one of us was already done. We spoke with the owner who couldn't have cared less. Poorly tun establishment and the rooftop is not worth the poor service and uncaring management. I would give this NO stars if I could.

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

I would recommend This place to meet with Family/Friends for drinks, perfect for that. Unfortunately my food was cold (veggie burger), and didn't seem cooked enough​..the downstairs bathroom needs overall attention. I work at a restaurant, I base overall cleanliness of an establishment starting with the bathroom,as soon as a customer makes me aware of bathroom needs, it's taken care of.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped by with my dog Savannah. We were warmly greeted and promptly seated. The server immediately brought a bowl of water for Savannah and I ordered a cocktail and lunch. The Asian salad with shrimp was perfect. While listed as dog friendly , you never really know until you get there. I will go back to the Elbow Room with or without my pet. Thank you Benny! I hope to see you again.