“Updated review!”

Ranked #8 of 198 Restaurants in West Hartford
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 March 2018

We haven't eaten at Max Burger in quite a while -- our last experience was very poor as the wait for the food was excruciating. This time we were immediately seated; our server (Lauren) was very, very attentive, informative (and cross-sold the loyalty program, which is free and which we joined), and engaging. We ordered our food and it showed up within a reasonable time frame. It was very good -- the quality of the meat is far superior to that which you would find in other burger "joints". We were offered refills on the drinks. We were tempted to try the desserts, which sounded quite tempting. The acid test: would I go back? Yes, it is worth another try (and maybe soon).

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Went here with about six total for a work happy hour/dinner. The place has a fun upbeat vibe and seemed crowded already at five. We took a table in an alcove near the bar which was quick and pretty private. The best thing we had to eat was an appetizer- candied bacon lollipops were delicious! My burger was not quite what I expected - not bad just didn’t like the cheese on it and didn’t have time with this group to change it. I would go again and order something else. The server was pleasant and helpful.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

My favorite thing about this restaurant is that they will cook your burger exactly the way you like. Mine was perfection. The only negative was the French fries - they tasted a bit like baked potatoes because they had left a fair amount of the skin on.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We made a reservation for a party of 7 on a Monday night at 5pm. They welcomed us in with our group ranging in age from 69 to two. They wisely put us in a large booth in the corner. The service was very good and we all enjoyed our food. We had spinach dip, burgers, salads and kids meals. We had no complaints.

Definitely make a reservation as the place was packed at 7:15 when we left.

The food is good overall with choices for everyone. The ambiance is casual and comfortable. The prices are what you’d expect for West Hartford.

I’d go again if my party chose it, but there are several other restaurants in WH that I prefer (Bricco, Barcelona, Treva, Bartaco) for food quality, which is why I gave this rating. It would score higher if compared to other restaurants outside of WH.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Staff is always friendly, burgers are always spot on. Caesar salad & spinach artichoke dip are always my favorite.