“Group Dinner”

Division West Bistro and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Division West Bistro and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 192 Restaurants in West Hartford
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 32
Description: We are an American Bistro that specializes in freshly made pasta's, seafood, and steaks. We also offer a superb collection of wines, craft cocktails, and local beer!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

A group of 15 had a business dinner in their private room, everyone enjoyed the food and the service and stated it was a very nice place.

1  Thank Staci G

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I just had dinner there for the first time. It has only been open about five months. No sure how we could have not noticed it. Very nicely built and furnished. Warm and inviting. Beautiful bathrooms. Nice beer and wine offerings. As an appetizer I had the clam chowder which was delicious and tasty. My wife had the fried cauliflower which she thought was excellent. I had the filet and lobster tail. It came with bacon Mac and cheese which was also delicious. Nothing could have my dinner better. Everything was perfectly prepared. My wife had the hamburger which she thoroughly enjoyed. Perhaps the best part of our wonderful dinner was our waiter. Ian is the best waiter I can recall at any restaurant. Truly friendly and engaging and totally attentive. Whatever you wanted was taken care of by Ian before you knew you wanted it. He was amazing and a real asset for this restaurant. He even brought us a lovely dessert to finish our meal. We will definitely go back. When you go, be sure to ask for Ian.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Every dish we tried was first rate. The mussels were classic: just the right amount of garlic, tender mussels. The Clam chowder is very tasty (warning to vegetarians: it contains bacon bits: probably why it tastes so good.

I had the filet mignon which was remarkably tender, full of flavor, and cooked the way I asked. My wife was just as enthusiastic about her salmon.

There is a good selection of wines by the glass.
Our server, Ian, on the other hand, was a big question mark. He approached us early to ask about cocktails. When we said we would have wine when we had decided on our meals, he seemed to disappear. It was a long wait to give our orders. When he came, I told him what wine I wanted with my mussels and what glass to bring with my steak. I did not want to have to chase after him again when I wanted a second glass of wind. (I want to drink my wine with the meal, not after the food is gone) He got that confused, bringing my wife the cabernet I had ordered for delivery later. When we explained his mistake, he said he'd bring the cab with my main course. No such luck, We had to ask two more times before it put in its appearance.

The time to wait for the meals after we ordered was reasonable, and the staff in general seemed pretty efficient. Not our waiter, though.

2  Thank TomM1951
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

When you walk into this place, it has a great feel. It's moody and earthy and I love it all. The wine list is fantastic and always changing (with a few standards/classics). Food is delicious, share-plates with lots of different flair the aged ribeye was awesome, seasoned and cooked perfectly. Unique and impressive combinations of flavors. Looking forward to Going back

1  Thank DJohny20020
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Went on a busy Saturday night when most well known spots were totally packed. The menu posted outside looked good and I was on a first date and didn’t want to stand around waiting for a table making awkward convo. This place said it was a 15 min wait and we grabbed a drink at the bar while we waited. The restaurant is big! Huge bar area and lots of tables - big and small. So great spot for all sized groups. We ordered some sharing plates and they were all incredible. Drinks were good too. Can’t wait to return!